“Best Homemade”
Review of Mr. G's Ice Cream

Mr. G's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gettysburg
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
Canandaigua, New York
“Best Homemade”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The homemade ice cream is absolutely delicious! We stopped in twice - had the pumpkin and peppermint patty. Both were exceptional.

Visited October 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“One of the best ice cream I ever had......”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My title may be misleading since I had my ice cream here at the end of a long hot day exploring the battlefield. All I had was simple chocolate but it was really rich, flavorable and mighty tasty. The prices were about average. But never had ice cream tasted so good. Of course, I knew it was homemade type which was why I went there but it was very good. I was happy walking back to my motel licking this ice cream to my complete satisfaction.

Kintnersville, PA
“Great ice cream!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Neat shop with homemade ice cream. The pumpkin ice cream was excellent. Neat gift shop behind the ice cream store with lots of LIFE IS GOOD apparel, jewelry and Gettysburg souvenirs.

Visited October 2013
Riverside, New Jersey
“Great ice cream.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Mr. G's had the some of the best ice cream i've ever eaten! We were lucky and were able to park out front. The black raspberry and peppermint patty flavors were full of those flavors. Plenty of staff available, so no waiting in long lines. We will return!!!

US
“Ice Cream”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

There is not a lot to do in Gettysburg once 9:30 roles around and you are waiting for a tour. So we decided to get ice cream to pass some of the time. It was good ice cream, nothing to write home about but they were conveniently located and open until 10. The service was good. My only complaint is that while yes they close at 10 there were still patrons inside eating and we were sitting outside on the picnic table, they shut all the outside lights off and we ended up finishing our ice cream in the dark. It's one thing to close the shop but give your customers a chance to finish they ice cream, you let the others stay inside to do it.