“Cold outside? Have an ice cream!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr. G's Ice Cream

Mr. G's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
Long Island, NY
“Cold outside? Have an ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Gettysburg and I've visited Mr. G's every time. Other times I needed the ice cream to cool off, but this time it was pretty cold outside (snow flurries, in fact) but my son and I couldn't leave Gettysburg without stopping at Mr. G's. This ice cream is probably the best I've ever had (and I'm a huge dessert fan). I meant to get just a scoop of coconut, but when I saw the peanut butter-chocolate, I had to double my order. Just amazing ice cream, freshly made and it tastes like what it's supposed to taste like -- in this case, coconut and chocolate and peanut butter. And the man behind the counter (Mr. G himself, maybe?) couldn't have been nicer. So what's better than visiting Civil War battlefields while enjoying superior ice cream? I bet Abe Lincoln would've indulged if Mr. G's had been around back then. (Don't miss the Twin Witness Trees just outside Mr. G's, by the way.) Just another wonderful thing about Gettysburg PA.

• Visited March 2013

St. Augustine, FL
“The BEST ice cream ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

You simply have to treat yourself to their homemade ice cream. One of the best I'd ever tasted. It's extra creamy and absolutely delicious!

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was a little cold outside but we still went anyways. It was delicious! A very cute little ice cream parlor.

Visited November 2012
fisher pa
“Best Ice Cream I ever had!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wonderful ice cream shop in the Twin Sycamore House on Baltimore St. Nice sitting area. The ice cream was the best! Very creamy and flavorful. Service was awesome!!! I got a scoop of the Kahlua and Pumpkin. I loved both, but the Kahlua was the best!!! My friend had a scoop of coconut and kahlua. She enjoyed hers as well and preferred the kahlua.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sorsha16258
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Ice Cream Love!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a wonderful ice cream parlor in an interesting historic building. The owner is usually at the parlor and enjoys sharing the history of the building. They serve both hard and soft ice cream and allow you to try samples of flavors before you order. This is our family's favorite local ice cream parlor!

Visited June 2012