“What a find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Inn at White Oak
Ranked #6 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I just spent a weekend at the Inn At White Oak in Gettysburg and what a find! The place is amazing! We stayed in the Generals Quarters and loved it. The views from the room are incredible. We had a large deck to relax on and perfect views of the ponds. The breakfasts were delicious and surprisingly very filling! The innkeepers were very helpful and attentive and made us feel welcomed and comfortable. My wife and I enjoyed walking the private grounds that had walking trails, ponds, paths and gardens. The Inn At White Oak is the perfect place to getaway and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the general quarters and the views are amazing.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have been to numerous bed and breakfasts and this is the only bed and breakfast to actually exceed all of our expectations! When we arrived we received a tour of the Inn and room after room is truly breathtaking. We also got to see each of the guest rooms and each one is very spacious, luxurious and well appointed. We stayed in the commanders room which was the finest accommodation we have ever stayed in--anywhere. The property is beautiful and all of the decks overlooking the ponds are very relaxing to lounge on. We were amazed at how quiet and restful it was. The spa in the Inn is very professional and elegant and we really appreciated the privacy and all the attention to detail throughout the Inn. The owners have created a real gem and we have found a remarkable hideaway we will return to again and again. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: The commanders room was the nicest accommodation we have ever stayed in--anywhere. The views from th...
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Everything about our visit was delightful: the friendly host and hostess, the clean and beautifully decorated bedroom/bathroom, the relaxing spa, and the yummy breakfast. We highly recommend celebrating a special occasion here. Rejuvenating, relaxing, and wonderful. Many thanks to Jillian, Sam, Jeannie, and Jim. We can't wait to return to this hidden treasure of a B&B!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Commander's Room: it was huge with a magnificent view and even a copper tub! W...
Reviewed July 18, 2012

When I saw the Inn at White Oaks website, I had to visit! What I found when I arrived was even more beautiful than what I'd seen on the website! When I arrived I immediately felt welcomed and like I was part of the family. I got a tour of the inn and all the rooms are incredibly large and elegant with great attention to every detail. To my surprise all the rooms were much larger and lovely in person! The grounds are gorgeous and much like a park with walking trails and ponds and gardens and plenty of peaceful places to sit and relax. I could help myself to coffee and cold drinks anytime and there was always delicious treats around to enjoy! The breakfasts were to die for and I will be dreaming about them until I can return which I am planning on doing very soon! I highly recommend this inn!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When we came across the Inn at White Oaks website while searching for a romantic anniversary getaway we knew we could stop searching! What a remarkable inn! All the rooms are beautifully decorated with many personal touches and there was so much to do around the inn we didn't even leave! The breakfasts were carefully constructed and served in courses! They were the best breakfasts we have ever eaten! The innkeepers were very sweet and went out of their way to make this anniversary unforgettable! We highly recommend this stunning inn and will definitely return as often as we can!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our third visit and we can't get enough of the Inn at White Oak! We have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and even some in the Gettysburg area and not one can compare to the Inn at White Oak! The sincere hospitality is not like anything we have experienced anywhere else before. We did not think that level of hospitality existed anymore until we came here. The desserts are divine and the four course breakfasts are amazing! They go above and beyond in every way! All of the common rooms are beautiful and comfortable and there are so many to choose from! The spa inside the inn is so tranquil and we loved our couples massage! We have stayed in three different guest rooms. We stayed in the Generals room which was amazing! It was larger than our apartment and the views were incredible! We have also stayed in the Majors room which is very pretty and romantic. It has a double jacuzzi tub right in the room! We just stayed in the Lieutenants room which was really pretty and comfortable. The canopy bed was beautiful and it has a nice sitting area and a double jacuzzi tub and separate shower. We want to try out all of the rooms and we can't wait to return in October! We always end up making another reservation before we leave!

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous! We loved the Generals, Majors and Lieutenants rooms but can't wait t...
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We happened upon this place as it was the only once that had vacancy that weekend and that turned out very well. The property is beautiful and very quiet. It's about 10 minutes out from downtown. We were quickly greeted and given a tour of the place. They have obviously put a lot of time and money into the place. Breakfast is only at 9 and there is more food than a human can possible eat. I felt bad leaving so much untouched when it was good, just way too much. None of us could eat even half of the main course by the time it came.

There were only a few downsides. We were in the Lieutenant's Quarters, which I do not recommend. It has an odd set-up that makes it hard to do anyhting in your room. The roof slopes down over the bed, giving it a claustrophic feel and the lighting is very poor making it hard to read. The room is a rectangle with the AC vents only at the far end away from the bed. This meant our seating area and bathroom were quite cold and we were very hot in bed. I am never hot but it took me hours to go to sleep and I kept waking up with the heat. We had accidentally turned off the ceiling fan so this may have contributed to this. Also, the shower stall is very small. I am slim, but barely had enough room.

So come, but stay in another room. Our parents were in another room, and they were very happy with it.

Room Tip: Anything but the Lieutenant's quarters
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends