“We keep coming back!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“We keep coming back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our third visit and we can't get enough of the Inn at White Oak! We have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and even some in the Gettysburg area and not one can compare to the Inn at White Oak! The sincere hospitality is not like anything we have experienced anywhere else before. We did not think that level of hospitality existed anymore until we came here. The desserts are divine and the four course breakfasts are amazing! They go above and beyond in every way! All of the common rooms are beautiful and comfortable and there are so many to choose from! The spa inside the inn is so tranquil and we loved our couples massage! We have stayed in three different guest rooms. We stayed in the Generals room which was amazing! It was larger than our apartment and the views were incredible! We have also stayed in the Majors room which is very pretty and romantic. It has a double jacuzzi tub right in the room! We just stayed in the Lieutenants room which was really pretty and comfortable. The canopy bed was beautiful and it has a nice sitting area and a double jacuzzi tub and separate shower. We want to try out all of the rooms and we can't wait to return in October! We always end up making another reservation before we leave!

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous! We loved the Generals, Majors and Lieutenants rooms but can't wait t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We happened upon this place as it was the only once that had vacancy that weekend and that turned out very well. The property is beautiful and very quiet. It's about 10 minutes out from downtown. We were quickly greeted and given a tour of the place. They have obviously put a lot of time and money into the place. Breakfast is only at 9 and there is more food than a human can possible eat. I felt bad leaving so much untouched when it was good, just way too much. None of us could eat even half of the main course by the time it came.

There were only a few downsides. We were in the Lieutenant's Quarters, which I do not recommend. It has an odd set-up that makes it hard to do anyhting in your room. The roof slopes down over the bed, giving it a claustrophic feel and the lighting is very poor making it hard to read. The room is a rectangle with the AC vents only at the far end away from the bed. This meant our seating area and bathroom were quite cold and we were very hot in bed. I am never hot but it took me hours to go to sleep and I kept waking up with the heat. We had accidentally turned off the ceiling fan so this may have contributed to this. Also, the shower stall is very small. I am slim, but barely had enough room.

So come, but stay in another room. Our parents were in another room, and they were very happy with it.

Room Tip: Anything but the Lieutenant's quarters
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dunkirk, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Wow, we had the most fantastic time and would recommend the Inn at White Oak located in Gettysburg PA to everyone. First, we arrived right at check-in time and found ourselves the only guests at that time. This provided us the opportunity to see all the rooms during our tour. We stayed in the Major's room and it was just beautiful, as were the rest of the rooms. The setting is totally private. So in addition to a wonderful interior setting, the grounds are amazing as well.

The food was wonderful! The full breakfasts were elegant and way more than we could eat.

Finally, the owners are a great couple, who make you feel a very welcomed guest.

Let us warn you, that you will be comparing every B&B against this one from now on.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed in many resorts and B&B's and the Inn at White Oak blows all others away. The rooms are beautiful and immaculately clean, the grounds are gorgeous, the views are incredible and the food is extraordinary. Beyond all of that, the level of service from the inn keepers was spectacular. They anticipated every need we might have as well as whims (and little treats everywhere). I felt so completely taken care of and relaxed that I was rejuvenated after only a weekend (which I hadn't thought possible), and plan to return as often as possible.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are charming in different ways.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophia R
beafort south carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for four nights in July, house and grounds are beautiful, inn keepers are very attentive and friendly. After staying in many bed and breakfast inns the only thing that i would change is wanting them to come in and freshen up the rooms during our stay and replenish the soap, etc. They do come in after two nights to change the sheets but that was all. Maybe that was there policy not sure. If i could stay again i would get there best room, the Commanders Quarters or the General Quarters they are well worth the money, they are huge lush rooms with great views of the gardens.

Room Tip: Go for the best room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have probably stayed at more than 10 bed and breakfasts over the past 10 years. The Inn at White Oak is by far the nicest bed and breakfast that I have ever stayed at. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. I will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had never been to a bed and breakfast before November 2011, when my husband surprised me with a stay here the days following our wedding (the place my cousin had so often raved about). We loved it so much we booked a return trip before we even left (for December 2012) but we loved so much that we couldn't wait that long and called in the weeks following to book a weekend in June in addition to our trip in December and this time we brought friends and family!!!! This weekend was PERFECT!!!! I was so excited to share this experience with people I loved that had never been before (and the family that had already been there on numerous occasions), they all loved it so much we have all vowed to make this an annual trip now. The breakfast is AMAZING, the service SPECTACULAR, the grounds and views are BREATHTAKING, the inside is STUNNING (and it smells amazing, it takes my breath away every time I step through the front door), desserts are PHENOMENAL, and the love that fills that house is unlike any other!!! We just left and we are already talking about how excited we are to go back again. Jillian and Sam, I know I speak for all my friends that came this weekend for the first time and of course the multitude of family members that already come on a regular basis....we adore you (and your parents), we are all blessed that you were introduced into our lives, and we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts!!!!! Thank you for opening your hearts and home to us and making us feel like we are apart of your family ;) I have to give a shout out to my cousin Crystal and her husband Ryan for finding this hidden treasure!!! This is truly my one and only go to bed and breakfast....and more!!!!! Oh and I forgot to mention, the spa, yes a spa I said, they have a spa there ladies and gents, what else can you ask for!!! Oh and games galore, pool table, a theater room, I mean I could go on and on and on, the ponds, the trail, ughhh why did I have to leave so soon!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT, that pretty much sums it up folks ;-)

~Chassity and Kurt