“Beautiful Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Inn at White Oak
Ranked #8 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
beafort south carolina
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for four nights in July, house and grounds are beautiful, inn keepers are very attentive and friendly. After staying in many bed and breakfast inns the only thing that i would change is wanting them to come in and freshen up the rooms during our stay and replenish the soap, etc. They do come in after two nights to change the sheets but that was all. Maybe that was there policy not sure. If i could stay again i would get there best room, the Commanders Quarters or the General Quarters they are well worth the money, they are huge lush rooms with great views of the gardens.

Room Tip: Go for the best room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have probably stayed at more than 10 bed and breakfasts over the past 10 years. The Inn at White Oak is by far the nicest bed and breakfast that I have ever stayed at. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. I will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had never been to a bed and breakfast before November 2011, when my husband surprised me with a stay here the days following our wedding (the place my cousin had so often raved about). We loved it so much we booked a return trip before we even left (for December 2012) but we loved so much that we couldn't wait that long and called in the weeks following to book a weekend in June in addition to our trip in December and this time we brought friends and family!!!! This weekend was PERFECT!!!! I was so excited to share this experience with people I loved that had never been before (and the family that had already been there on numerous occasions), they all loved it so much we have all vowed to make this an annual trip now. The breakfast is AMAZING, the service SPECTACULAR, the grounds and views are BREATHTAKING, the inside is STUNNING (and it smells amazing, it takes my breath away every time I step through the front door), desserts are PHENOMENAL, and the love that fills that house is unlike any other!!! We just left and we are already talking about how excited we are to go back again. Jillian and Sam, I know I speak for all my friends that came this weekend for the first time and of course the multitude of family members that already come on a regular basis....we adore you (and your parents), we are all blessed that you were introduced into our lives, and we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts!!!!! Thank you for opening your hearts and home to us and making us feel like we are apart of your family ;) I have to give a shout out to my cousin Crystal and her husband Ryan for finding this hidden treasure!!! This is truly my one and only go to bed and breakfast....and more!!!!! Oh and I forgot to mention, the spa, yes a spa I said, they have a spa there ladies and gents, what else can you ask for!!! Oh and games galore, pool table, a theater room, I mean I could go on and on and on, the ponds, the trail, ughhh why did I have to leave so soon!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT, that pretty much sums it up folks ;-)

~Chassity and Kurt

1 Thank Chassity83
Reviewed June 10, 2012

From the moment we pulled up, we were greeted with the warmest welcome and immediately felt appreciated and like a part of the family. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, and didn't quite know what to expect. But, I'm sure this is not the standard of treatment for most B&B's. I was amazed at how clean the entire place was and remained the whole weekend. And each room in the house smelt amazing! It was obvious that they don't just "check out" after they've fed you and you're on your own for the day. It was clear this family loves what they do and love making others happy. We came with a group of couples and we all were so impressed we are hoping to make this as annual trip. The food is 5 star quality, and the treats throughout the day made it extra special. Gorgeous!

1 Thank jtremp85
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have to admit when we were first invited to a gettysburg B&B , i thought it was going to be your typical boring and tacky historical inn without any real luxery!
I could not have been more wrong!!! Not only are all the rooms absolutely gorgeous but they are supremely luxureous. The grounds are amazingly beautiful with multiple ponds filled with koi and bullfrogs, huge trees and birds abound.
And then there is the sweet and caring, innkeepers Sam Jillian. They are wonderfuly acomodating and take care of your every whim, while at the same time respecting your privacy. When we left we felt like we were part of the family! If i could give them 100 stars, i would!

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was our second stay, this time with 4 other couples of friends. We still can't get over how amazing it is here. Since the weather is warmer, we spent more time outside enjoying the beautiful land and pond  views while enjoying the calming breeze and bird chirppage- so serene. We tried out the General's Quarters and the bed is the coziest ever. Even though it's one of the larger rooms, we plan to continue our stays in all the cute, unique rooms. The food -delectable and will last us for days ;) We can't say enough about the owners' hospitality and genuine sweetness. They are the icing on this bed and breakfast cake!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I just spent an awesome weekend getting married at the Inn at White Oak. Sam and Jillian took care of every detail from the wedding officiant (her dad), the flowers, the cake, the ceremony, the first dance, the pictures, the couple's massage, breakfast in bed, my wife's pre-wedding salon visit and creating a beautiful, scenic environment in which to get married!
We stayed in the Commander's Quarters which was like having your own private chalet in the mountains including huge vaulted ceilings, a wall of windows overlooking the ponds, the meadows and the woods, a giant octagonal copper soaking tub, a fireplace and huge flat screen TV. The homebaked breakfast was incredible and there were no lack of snacks to be found strategically placed throughout the Inn. Sam and Jillian were excellent hosts and attended to our every need.I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple