Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gettysburg, PA
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Check in was smooth. Everything seemed fine. We dropped our bags and then went to eat. Upon return we looked at the bed and noticed a huge stain. It wasn't underneath but right on top. No way housecleaning could not have seen. Young man at desk came up and then changed the sheet out. He was fine but tried to tell us it wasn't a stain but worn out. Either way should not have been used. Note dogs are allowed. You will see them in the hallways and lobby. We were lucky and did not hear barking.

Room Tip: Recommend make sure not next to ice machine as they have a room right next to it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSHS1974

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times and have not had any problems, but when I pulled down the sheets there was a large stain noted on the fitted sheet. When I was standing at the vendor machines getting something for my children to drink, a housekeeper started to come down the hallway and seemed annoyed she could not get by due to the tight space. Seeing she looked annoyed I told she could come down. She gave a quick "thanks" and went where she needed to go. Also the breakfast area was dirty with dropped silverware on the floor and the counters were dirty. The eggs served are horrible. I normally don't take the time to write reviews but I was not impressed with this stay.

1  Thank Laura B
travelbwj, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gettysburg, PA, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Laura,

Thank you for your comments. Our #1 concern for all of our guests are your comfort and the cleanliness of our property. I certainly apologize that this time around, we fell below our quality standards that we set for our customers. I have utilized your comments for training with all departments so that upon your next visit, we can meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had heard about this hotel and outlet mall from a friend so I took my daughter for a back to school shopping weekend, I LOVED that we could walk to the mall and we also enjoyed having a large suite with two tvs. I think my expectations were too high for service and cleanliness. The hotel was busy and the staff kept saying that--check in took forever because the poor desk clerk also had to be answering the phone that rang constantly. The rooms did not seem "fresh" , I don't know how to explain it. Breakfast was okay, but not great. Cookies at check in were in a jar on the counter that really needed a good cleaning. Not like the other Country Inns with the fresh , hot cookies set out for you. Price of room was rather high for what we got. Would rather stay elsewhere and drive to mall.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We've been guests of this hotel in the begining of august.
A very nice family hotel.large fully equiped rooms in a location that every history fan like me will appreciate and not only americans.
excellent breackfast and great outlet and restaurnt near by.highly recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Carlson Country Inn provided a clean, convenient spot to stay as we visited the Gettysburg Battle field last week. Room was clean and large Included hot breakfast was satisfactory, with several choices. Located on the Baltimore Pike minutes from the National Battlefield. Staff was for the most part very efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor front has front porch area right outside the windows. May want to avoid due to smokers.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed two nights during a recent family vacation to see the Gettysburg battlefields and museum. This particular hotel was recommended by a colleague at work who stayed there back in June. We particularly liked the fact that it was away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Gettysburg and was an easy 5-minute drive to the museum. The hotel is fairly modern, clean, and attractive. The pool is a little small and highly chlorinated, but our son enjoyed swimming at the end of a long day hiking the battlefields. The free breakfast is comparable to what you get at most chain hotels these days. My only warning to others is that you need to be aware that this hotel allows pets. I have nothing against this policy but we were in a room across the hall from someone who had a dog that barked continuously from 8:00 - 10:00 PM, and then started up again at 12:30 AM. I was just about to call the desk when the dog finally quieted down. I blame the dog owner more than the hotel but this incident certainly interfered with a good night's sleep. However, it's the only negative thing I can say about our stay and I would recommend this hotel to others visiting Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Ask to be assigned a room away from guests who have dogs.
1  Thank 653dougm
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed 8 nights at the Country Inn & Suites for the 150th anniversary of the battle. The hotel exceeded our expectations. From check-in to check-out the staff couldn't have been nicer and accomodating. The room was a spacious first floor suite with a separate "living" room and bedroom as well as a microwave and refrigerator. The applianes were nice to have especially since our stay was so long and the bed was very comfortable.

Upon check-in we were given a welcome packet filled with local and battlefield brochures and programs to help pla our week. Anytime we had a question or request the staff was pleasant to deal with including changing out one of our TV's which had stopped working due to a power surge from a thunderstorm. The complimentary breakfast was also helpful before long days on the battlefield.

The only issue I have with this hotel is their painfully slow and inconsistent Wi-Fi. The in-room Wi-Fi was nearly unusable and more times than not we turned-off Wi-Fi on our phones because 4G was much faster. The problem even extended to the hotel's computer in the lobby area where it took nearly 10 minutes to check-in and print boarding passes for our flight home.

That said, this was our first time staying at the hotel and I can say we'll definitely stay here again on our next visit to Gettysburg.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple