“Charged my account for pet fees and we did not have a pet.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel put a $60.00 extra hold on my account for a pet fee, and we did not have pets. It took an act of congress to get the hold released. The room and the free breakfast was excellent! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed there for spring break during the last week in March 2013. There was a snowstorm on the Monday that I was supposed to check in with my two children. Despite my prepaid reservation indicating no changes allowed, they were more than happy to push back my check in by one day. It worked out great! The hotel breakfast buffet was excellent, they had hot beverages in the lobby at all times, fresh cookies, and snacks that my children took advantage of. The indoor pool and hot tub provided an outlet for me and the kids at all times. The hotel is located adjacent to a 70 Outlets, TGIF Fridays, and a Movie Theatre. We took advantage of all and even saw two movies while we were on our vacation. The hotel is just two miles from the Gettysburg Battlefield. I could not more highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank MikeClarke
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent a long weekend here with family (2 adults, 15 yo, 11 yo) to tour Gettysburg. Easy to find location. Not in town, but a short enough drive to everything you want to see//do, especially the Battlefield. This hotel literally shares a parking lot with the outlet mall so it's easy enough to do a little shopping in your down time if you want. There is also a TGI Fridays right next door if you don't want to drive somewhere for dinner. Breakfast was nothing spectacular, but just perfect for us...continental fare, eggs, potatoes, breakfast meat and waffles every day. Coffee and terrific chocolate chip cookies were also in the lobby, 24/7 I think. They never seemed to run out...much to the delight of the kids. Indoor pool was great, especially for travelling in the off season with kids. If you are sensitive to noise, you might want to ask for a room on the upper floor. We were on the 2nd floor and the people above us were up early and noisy! Also, no refrigerator in the room. We didn't ask about it so I'm not sure if they could accommodate this or if the larger rooms/suites. Would absolutely stay here again on a return trip to Gettysburg.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great location for all that Gettysburg has to offer. We received great customer service from all of the staff. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable. The General Manager took time to stop in to visit with our group in appreciation for the service our Veterans (our Husbands, Dads, Grandfathers) gave to our Country. Would highly recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

While shopping at the Gettysburg outlets my family and I decided to stay at the hotel that is located right there. We were greeted by friendly staff that put us in a family suite. The room was very spacious and clean. The kids enjoyed the pool while I enjoyed the hot tub. Very nice size pool area. They have fresh cookies and coffee/hot chocolate avail throughout the day and night. The breakfast in the morning was a nice hot breakfast. The staff working in there were so helpful and friendly. Nice size dining area. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant. We will be sure to stay here again when in the Gettysburg area.

1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I travel a great deal for work and have stayed in some less than desirable places. My recent stay at the country inn & suites made me feel as though I was at home. Checking in was a breeze, from being greeted with a warm smile to the soft chocolate chip cookies. My room was pristine! Normally there's something that just feels out of place but that wasn't the case here. My sheets were crisp and clean and act silly got the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I woke up and had. Great breakfast, hot waffles and coffee to go. There I no doubt I will stay here again and would recommend a stay there to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was recently in the area on business and things ran later than expected. I chose to stay here and could not have been happier! The staff is great and breakfast is one of the best I've had! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business