All reviewsoutlet malltgi fridaysfront deskcookiesparking lotgettysburg outletsroom was cleanking suitehot tubcomplimentary breakfastbagelswithin walking distancemake your own wafflesbreakfast staffgreat place to staywould stay here againsofa bed
Reviewed March 11, 2013

While shopping at the Gettysburg outlets my family and I decided to stay at the hotel that is located right there. We were greeted by friendly staff that put us in a family suite. The room was very spacious and clean. The kids enjoyed the pool while I enjoyed the hot tub. Very nice size pool area. They have fresh cookies and coffee/hot chocolate avail throughout the day and night. The breakfast in the morning was a nice hot breakfast. The staff working in there were so helpful and friendly. Nice size dining area. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant. We will be sure to stay here again when in the Gettysburg area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I travel a great deal for work and have stayed in some less than desirable places. My recent stay at the country inn & suites made me feel as though I was at home. Checking in was a breeze, from being greeted with a warm smile to the soft chocolate chip cookies. My room was pristine! Normally there's something that just feels out of place but that wasn't the case here. My sheets were crisp and clean and act silly got the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I woke up and had. Great breakfast, hot waffles and coffee to go. There I no doubt I will stay here again and would recommend a stay there to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was recently in the area on business and things ran later than expected. I chose to stay here and could not have been happier! The staff is great and breakfast is one of the best I've had! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here one weekend night in early February. We thought it would be a nice end to our evening from shopping at the outlets. Boy were we wrong! We stayed in the Kingsize room wiith the spa tub. Everything in the room was so outdated it was ridiculous. A lumpy mattress and a 27 inch TV that looked like it was from the 80's were part of what we got for $169 a night! What a letdown. The staff was nice enough and the breakfast looked good enough the next morning but we didnt stay to enjoy it. We were so sore from sleeping on the matress the night before we just wanted to get home ASAP so we could finally relax. I dont know who is writing these good reviews on this site but potential customers need to see these rooms in person before wasting so much money. albare08@yahoo.com

• Stayed: February 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly or you can reach us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family was passing through Gettysburg on our way to Virginia, decided to stop for the night. So we checked Trip Advisor and decided between this or comfort suites. This place had stellar reviews and was cheaper, so it seemed like a no brainer. We've had decent luck using the Trip Advisor reviews to find good quality places and reasonable prices. This hotel is *not* one of them. we checked in around 8 PM, the hotel seemed pretty busy for a cold february night and quite loud - but oh well, we needed sleep. I went to get the bags and my wife+kids went to the room to get settled. When I just got to the lobby with the bags, they were downstairs - kids in tears - moving to another room. What was going on???? Apparently there was a large fight in the hallway, punching, brawling you name it. My wife was very worried about her and the kids safety so she went to the front desk - the kid basically said, yeah this is crazy been like this all day - some family reunion. Really??? was this UFC or something? so we get to the new room, only to be greeted with large white stains on the bed comforters - uggh. so we slept without them - or tried to, but large glaring lights from outside the hotel flooded the room. it was not possible to sleep with so much light pollution. You couldn't pay me to stay here again - I just hope the entire town of Gettysburg isn't tainted by this hotel for my family, because I would like to go back sometime and visit the historic aspects of the city - rather than just passing through. I wish I could give this hotel zero stars, get all of my money back, and erase this experience from my mind.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Navarath
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We are very sorry about the experience you had at our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to post this review so that we can address the issues with our staff and improve our standards.