“Excellent start for first timers”

Gettysburg Ghost Tours
Ranked #8 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Candlelit Walking Tours & Ghost Hunting offered every night, all year long. Our tour guides are masters at their craft giving guests an entertaining and education experience. On our Ghost Hunts , Professional Paranormal Investigators will gain you access to haunted abandoned buildings known for their frequent spirit activity. Use all the latest ghost hunting equipment and receive a DVD of the investigation starring You! Look for the Black cat sign of Gettysburg Ghost Tours.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent start for first timers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My sister and I went on the Extreme Ghost Hunt on Feb. 20 at the Hoffman Mansion with the paranormal investigator Night Monkey (aka Robert). This was our first ghost hunt experience beyond what we see on TV and ... it was so AWESOME! Night Monkey was very good at getting us to the location then demonstrating the various equipment we were to use for the evening. He was excellent at going around to the different groups (there were only seven of us) and really helped us get kick started by showing us the importance of the a Spirit Box. We actually got some interaction with spirits trying to communicate through the radio frequencies. My sister was able to capture TWO pictures of possible paranormal activity. It was all so amazing and educational for us first timers. We will try to go back again soon and bring some friends with hopefully. The only downer is we didn't get to meet the infamous Spooky but she was on the phone with one of the employees in the shop. SO CLOSE! Oh well, another time. :-) This was just an A++++ experience.

1 Thank shoegal1012
Gettysburgghosttour, Manager at Gettysburg Ghost Tours, responded to this review, March 29, 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never ceases to amaze me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I do hunts quite often with these guys and let me tell you, no experience is quite the same! I have been hunting with Robert ( aka Night Monkey, aka The Funky Monkey) countless times and I've even been on a few hunts with the great Spooky herself! No hunt fails to leave me coming back for more! This isn't what you see on TV folks, this is the REAL deal! When you walk in the store and see that Spooky rocks the tour, she literally rocks the tour! She has come out on her days off, being sick, snow storms, and even will bring her team to investigate your home or a friends home if you thinks its paranormal for free! ( During off-season) She truly goes above and beyond for anyone. She is one of the most kind hearted spirits you will ever meet! There has never been a time where I left without evidence or left feeling "empty handed". If you are ever in Gettysburg it is a MUST to go out with these guys! Whether it's a ghost hunt or a ghost tour, you will never be disappointed! Gettysburg Ghost Tours is a place I will continue to go to for as long as I can make it up there! It's definitely worth the time and money! Trust me you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Ben S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hunting with Spooky is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you're ever going to do a ghost hunt in Gettysburg, this place is a MUST! I've went on many hunts here and not only do we always have fun but Spooky and Robert are great! Spooky always goes out of her way to make your experience above and beyond amazing and Robert's cheesy jokes will have you laughing all night long! My favorite place to go is the Hoffman Mansion but Tillie Pierce is a close second! I've never left a hunt led by Gettysburg Ghost Tours without evidence! I've seen a spirit walk right in front of me in the basement of the Hoffman Mansion, had a spirit walk up behind me on a security camera and tap my bag (both Spooky and Robert witnessed this!), had experiences with doors opening and closing before our eyes and so, so much more! If there was any hunt I'd recommend, it would be a hunt led by Gettysburg Ghost Tours. The investigators are friendly, they have a bag full of equipment for each group on the hunt so you get the evidence yourself, they're quick adding any evidence to the website plus you get to see other group's evidence...awesome! Love Gettysburg Ghost Tours and of course I'll be back, there's nothing I like more than to meet a skeptic on a ghost hunt and to ask them at the end of the night if they believe...the answer is always "YES!"

P.S: Hunting with Spooky rocks! Through the mounds of snow and layers of ice, Spooky came out to hunt with us tonight even though she hadn't been feeling well and it was her day off. She could have stayed in the warmth of her bed and gone to sleep early but instead she came to hunt with us (in the icy-cold Hoffman Mansion) just because. She's a sweetheart and even if you don't have time to do a tour or a hunt with them, stop in just to talk to her. She always has amazing stories to tell and if you go on a day she's not there, pick up her book. I highly recommend it, it's a good read with a lot of history and ghost stories mixed well together.

1 Thank Ashley A
Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
“Great experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had the pleasure of going on several hunts with spooky and a few other investigators. They did a great job with explaining everything and were very helpful when it came to the hunt. I have been on other hunts with other companies and nothing has compared to this one. I look forward to more in the future!!

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Passion and knowledge make Spooky and GGT the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I have been on many Ghost Hunts in Gettysburg, but none as good as GGT; Spooky is the best investigator. Her level of knowledge is exceeded only by her passion. We no longer go on ghost hunts, as we have learned so much and go at it ourselves. But when we are looking for a good night out, and when recommending friends, there is only one place: Gettysburg Ghost Tours.

Visited April 2013