“Room was clean and adequate for a last minute reservation...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Gettysburg

Super 8 Gettysburg
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I do not like leaving poor feedback, but I want to prevent anyone with children from making the same mistake we did with this hotel. The front desk people were kind, that is about all I can say good. We walked in and the beds were half made and were in VERY poor shape. You could see the wrinkles in the sheets and pillow cases which were a dingy white. The rooms are very old, furniture is old and dusty and the odor was bad enough, we went to the nearby Wal-mart to get febreeze. We should have turned around and walked out, but I had a very grumpy 3 and 7 year old that had had it from a long day of driving. The sink did not drain, the floor above squeaked all night, it was just awful. The bathroom in the morning smelled like a smoker was in the room with us and it was just disgusting. It is dark, dingy and dirty, I am sorry but it is. I would NOT recommend this hotel unless you really do not care about cleanliness and are a avid smoker with no children.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hotels in in the area.
1 Thank Jenna M
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that the hotel was not up to your or our standards, it is not typical for our guests to have such an unpleasant stay.
We are looking into converting to a smoke-free hotel early 2014. I have spoken with our housekeepers to ensure they are completing all tasks and the rooms are not left in the shape that yours may have been. If you would like to discuss your stay with me in more detail please feel free to contact me directly at 717-337-1400.
Thank you.
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Got a room with 2 queen beds - nice size room and beds were ok - bath needed work - easy ride back to battlefield and cutesy downtown shops et al - but they accept pets for $10 - so just okay - but wanted to see battlefields and have a reasonably price motel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you were overall satisfied with your recent stay with us. I would hope to see you in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We asked for a nonsmoking room due to allergies and asthma. We were put on the second floor two doors down from a smoking room. As we walked up the stairs, they don't have an elevator, we noticed a smoking smell even before entering the hall on the second floor. The hall stunk!! Our rooms bedding had cigarette burns and stains on the comforters. I told the young gal at the front desk about the odor. They put a perfume deodorizer up on the floor. Now we had another smell trying to mask the first. There was a barking dog on our floor as well. We left first thing in the morning. We did not even stay for continental breakfast. I wanted to talk to someone at the front desk. We walked by three times with luggage and there wasn't anyone there to complain to. This hotel stinks!! We spent nine days touring Virginia. We had many nice accommodations which were quite a bit less money than this smelly hotel. I will not stay in another Super 8 after this.

2 Thank Nyenhuis5
Thank you for your recent review. Firstly, I would like to apologize that our hotel was not up to your and our standard. Our goal is for each and every guest to have an enjoyable stay and we can clearly see that you did not.
I apologize about any issues you may have had with the smoking rooms being near you. We are however contemplating going smoke-free early 2014.
For the rest of your concerns I would like to address them personally. You are more than welcome to contact me at the hotel anytime at 717-337-1400.