“Just your basic room and very basic breakfast in...”
Review of Super 8 Gettysburg

Super 8 Gettysburg
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Arlington
“Just your basic room and very basic breakfast in...”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just your basic room and very basic breakfast in Gettysburg, PA. to sleep and learn about the big Civil War Battle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you were satisfied with your lodging choice of the Super 8.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Andover
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The staff was very nice and helpful. However, there were issues with our room. We had to get up in the middle of the night to fix a running toilet. The toilet paper holder was broken. We stayed 2 nights and the second day our bed was not made. Maybe I am being overly picky but when you spend over $100 a night, you would think that these little things would not happen.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the review. I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and I ensure you that they are not typical.
Putnam Valley
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When I checked in the lady that was behind the counter was very good. She was there every day except when I checked out. Fast check in, she helped us with directions and other information. Very nice and helpful. When I checked out there was a different lady working I asked her to split the bill and put it on two different cedit cards mine and my freinds. She would not. I told her I had asked when I checked in and the lady said it would not be a problem. Then she tells me it is company policy to not put it on two credit cards. I informed her I travel alot and do this all the time at alot of hotels including Super 8 and never had a problem. She just didn't care and would not do it. A person like this shouldn't be behind the counter they should have her cleaning rooms this way she doen't have to interact with customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your check-out. I will speak to all my employees to ensure they know that guests are more than welcome to switch payment at any time during their stay unless it is a pre-paid reservation. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again.
asheboro NC
Reviewed August 10, 2013

i had reservations booked thur hotels.com and they comfirmed me a room upon arrival there was no reservation and was no room the Super 8 clerk made my crazyness un crazy as i redirected myself to my phone and had a not so desirable conversation wih hotels.com when i was thru they had found an Inn for my son and I to stay it was an upgrade for the same price we left supre8 went to new location and nope they did not know we were coming although hotels.com said we had a room. UGH! here we go again so i got on the phone and had them refund my entire purchase
Done never again will they ever make me happy I ENDED UP STAYING at the most fabulous place ever the Aspire Inn of Gettysburg! Never shall i stay anywhere else but there when visiting Gettysburg The Hotel Folks were amazing and accomated my son and I the room was beautiful and luxurious! the indoor pool was way fun! the location was 4 miles outside of town and very quiet and restful at the end of a long touring day. They are perfect in every way Thank you Aspire Inn for your host of wonderfullness!

Room Tip: did not use room service and did not eat in
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I am glad your situation was able to be worked out and you enjoyed your stay at the Aspire Inn.
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I think anyone who wrote a negative review about this place must have been expecting a five-star experience, because my stay at the Super 8 was wonderful. The staff were all very friendly and sweet; the girl at the desk when I checked in even offered to change my room to the first floor when she found out it was my first time traveling alone (I didn't, but appreciated the offer). Most importantly, the room was clean (yes, there were one or two tiny spots on the ceiling in the bathroom, but you really had to be looking to see them). It smelled clean, no trace of smoke or anything! It was quiet; the hotel was far enough back from the highway that you couldn't really hear the traffic. No one else staying there at the time was noisy, either. They had a really decent spread for breakfast, considering what I paid for the room and that I've had four-star hotels that offered nothing. And it was very conveniently close to the downtown area, less than a five minute drive! All in all it was a great stay and I would definitely come back. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katherine K
Thank you for such a great review. It makes my staff very happy when they see all their hard work being appreciated and enjoyed. We hope you will return in the future! Thank you again.