“The hotel and staff were great, we had a very comfortable...”
Review of Super 8 Gettysburg

Super 8 Gettysburg
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I reserved one room months in advance. I drove 9 hrs and when I arrived, I was told by Shannon that I reserved two rooms. I told her I didn't and showed her my confirmation which clearly showed one room reserved. She sighed and insisted I had two rooms and there wasn't a 24 hour notice to cancel. I showed her the paper again and insisted I only reserved ONE room. She clearly got very angry with me and said she had to call her manager. She made a call and then hung up and told me she was going to do this for me one time....then she held up her finger and repeated louder ONE TIME. I told her this was not my error and she got even angrier and said it wasn't hers either. I asked to speak to a manager and she smiled and suddenly decided she was the manager. She was horribly rude and my mother has to verify she has not charged us twice. After she gave me keys, I went to my room with my children and bags. I was not in the room five minutes before she called saying she was getting multiple complaints that my kids were loud. It was still daylight outside and many of the rooms were vacant. I had to make my kids sit on the bed the rest of the night without moving because apparently this hotel is not kid friendly. I asked for a wake up call, and was not shocked I didn't get one. I won't go back there.

Room Tip: My tip for a good room? Go to Econolodge. Half the price and much friendlier staff.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I do apologize about any inconveinences you encountered during your stay. I assure you that my staff was just doing their job and meant in no way any harm. I will speak with Shannon though to ensure that each and every guest receives the respect that they deserve.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very good experience overall. Only complaints - hot tub temp was not as hot as it should be (but at least it was working!) and the bath towels are VERY thin...might consider bringing your own. The temp control in room was good and it was clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the hot tub during your stay. I will double check with the Maintenance staff to ensure that it is up to temp. I apologize about the towels, that is a hard item to please everyone with. I am glad you found your room clean.
Thank you again!