“The hotel was a great family place with excellent breakfast...”
Review of Super 8 Gettysburg

Super 8 Gettysburg
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Shannon was the night clerk when we arrived. She was professional and very friendly. We stayed in those hotel for six nights (we flew out from Seattle because we are Civil War history nuts and wanted to see Gettysburg area once more!). Every night, if we saw Shannon behind the desk we would say, "Hello there, Shannon!"
Our room was always clean and we enjoyed a nice breakfast. I am sure there are always those who just have to find something wrong. But I just have to say one thing, folks: Traveling is what You make of it. Come to someone else's region of the country with some respect and kindness; life is hard for a lot of folks, and a smile goes along way. We loved the Super 8, because we expect things will be just fine. If not, one can always be polite in making things work with the staff (just don't get them defensive; you wouldn't like it that way). My family enjoyed the people of Pennsylvania (especially Gettysburg), and their history. And, thank you, Shannon for making our stay special. We will be back to this hotel next time we come to tour the Battlefield!

Room Tip: Fitness center is a pool, that is all. However, the pool is very nice and a great way to get in tha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. Shannon is a great asset to our company. She is always friendly and professional. We love to have her here. I am glad you go the chance to meet her and converse.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your entire stay with us. We would be more than happy to accommodate you in the future if you happen to return to the area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I left Los Angeles on the night of April 28, 2013 on a flight to Nashville, and then connected with literally a few minutes to DCA. In short, I'm not the type who sleeps well on flights, though, I prefer to take night flights when going to the East Coast, as to at least have part of the next day to do things. Anyway, I rented a car from DCA and drove to Gettysburg and it was pouring rain on and off from DC to Gettysburg. Easy directions on google maps once out of DC and the drive is nice - So green. I arrived before noon and I was greeted by Dawn at the front desk. I was so tired and she could probably see this. I had to wait just a short time, as she said to return in a bit, as the room was not quite ready, but I could hang out in the lobby. I had some lunch in my car, though, as I had so many phone calls to deal with on business and to call family, in order to let them know that I arrived ok, and I didn't want to be loud in the lobby on my cell phone, as to not disturb other guests, as well as the front desk people, who have a job to do at work. Anyway, I was only outside in my car for 20 minutes or so and I came back in, and Dawn told me that a room was ready, so I was so happy, as this was quite an early check in and this helped me a lot. I got to room and went straight to sleep for a few hours. Showered up in the evening and went out to dinner near the main square, which was quiet on that night, as it was kind of cold, a bit rainy, and a Monday, so perhaps things are slower during the beginning of the week. Anyway, the other woman at the front desk was helpful with directions, as well as Dawn, as I found things easily when going to and around the main square in Gettysburg, which is a short drive down the road and very easy to find. Breakfast was more than ample and great, as well as having yogurt. A lot of people complain about breakfasts here with various hotels, but one could realize that it was cost someone at least $10.00 to have a comparable breakfast outside, if not more. And it's all you can eat. I'm a big guy and I like to eat, but how much can one eat, really? If you are on a schedule, breakfast is simply there and you need not go out and wait to be served and all this. Coffee all day long in the lobby was nice, too, and they have a washing machine in the hallway, and a dryer, which is free of charge for guests for self-service use. I just arrived, so I had no laundry, but I would say that this is a great perk, as many hotels don't have them, but if they do, they always charge and you have to deal with coins and all that. There is no elevator, to my understanding, so if you can't climb stairs so easily, best to ask for a room downstairs. Professional and friendly all the way. Very hospitable and clean, welcoming, fresh room. The only minor issue is that like many other hotels, WiFi internet doesn't always work for a while. Perhaps it's due to servers being overloaded. Either way, there is a computer in the lobby for guest use and that one is wired, I believe, and no problems with that computer. Simply a great stay. I wish I had more time to see Gettysburg, but I saw the main battlefields around and the museum/visitor center, as well as a few other things. Go with this hotel. They work hard to keep a nice place. Though I didn't use the pool, it is indeed clean, as shown in the pictures, and others were swimming and enjoying it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Don B
Thank you for such a nice review. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you during your visit and that you were able to get some rest after a long trip. I am happy to read that you enjoyed everything right down to the Free Super Start Breakfast that we offer.
Thank you again and if you are ever in the are again we would love to serve you again.
Bedford
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Super nice staff! Very polite and friendly. Bedding and bathroom was clean and neat, hotel is older and in need of updates, but great hotel for dog show travel. Micro and fridge in rooms are super convenient..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you and your dog had a pleasant stay with us. I am happy to read that you found our staff nice and the hotel neat and clean.