Gettysburg is a touristy town but I didn't come for the battlefields that we visited long ago when the kids were young. The national park is south of the hotel.
I booked through Hotel.com but I recommend contacting the hotel directly as the staff is friendly and professional with AAA discounts. We had a good clean room with lots of pillows to pick from on both queen beds.
I wanted the refrigerator and microwave for cheap meals and there is a Giant food store with beer right down the road. This is close to Lincoln square with metered parking if you like the shopping and eateries, but far enough away from the clutter of the city hotels with tough parking.
There is a waffle maker, yogurt, apples, cereals, wrapped pastries, toast and OJ for breakfast.
Small but clean pool and whirlpool spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Super 8 of Gettysburg, PA. We are conveniently located exactly one mile from the center of Gettysburg and two miles from the battlefields and the related attractions. We are positioned closely to the crossroads of US Rt 30 and US Rt 15, directly behind Perkins Restuarant. On your next visit to Gettysburg, please come stay with the Super 8 and enjoy our SuperStart breakfast, free wireless internet, and indoor pool/spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Super 8 Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Holiday Inn Gettysburg
- Super Eight Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Holiday Inn Express
- Gettysburg Super 8
- Gettysburg Super Eight