“Decent hotel, nice price but didn't clean room.”
Review of Super 8 Gettysburg

Super 8 Gettysburg
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The hotel was a great price for two nights in Gettysburg, but as expected you get what you pay for.

The pros: price, beds were comfy, not far away from downtown, front desk person greeting was nice, and free continental breakfast.

The cons: Ventilation on the second floor hallway would be helpful since it smells like cigarette smoke, clock was broken in the room, no "Do Not Disturb" sign and they never cleaned our room. As stated above we had no DND sign so they should have come and even after a phone call to the front desk who said they'd take care of it, no one ever came.

Overall I'd probably give it another chance if I was ever in Gettysburg again because it was so cheap, but even an inexpensive hotel should do the basics like service/clean the room.

• Stayed: December 2011
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. I do apologize about the housekeeping services that you did not receive. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this situation.

Amy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was previously a Holiday Inn Express. They have updated the place post take-over and its just too cheap a rate for what they offer. I work for a hotel and am very picky. Many times when a hotel loses its franchise, it is because of lack of keeping the place up and running well. It may not be what the new Express hotels are like, but it is definately more than your average Super 8. You cannot get such a nice place for such a great price anymore. I have stayed here a few times, and have never had a complaint. I could mention the whole hot breakfast ordeal with some more variety, butt then I would sound like the typical whiner on this website. Lets face it, for the money you save, you can buy Perkins itself. I look forward to a weekend whirlpool room with the family visit in mid January.

Mike G

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank gburn07

Thank you for such a nice review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

My only complaint was that noone cleaned my room, and I was there for 3 nights. Other than that, it's a great room for the price, and everyone was nice. Also, a man just entered my room without knocking, wanting to touch up with some paint. I wasn't dressed when he came in. I would have complained when I checked out but noone was at the desk. Not sure if I'd stay here again, I would need some reassurance that my room would be cleaned

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

I do apologize for what you encountered during your stay. Did you bring it to the Front Desk Agents attention that your room had not been cleaned? I wish we could have gotten that taken care of during your stay as we do attempt to clean all of our guests room unless the DND sign is on.
As for the man attempting to paint your room, I do apologize on his bahalf, I am not sure if he thought you left for the day or was already checked out. I will speak with him to make sure he checks with the desk first.
Our Front Desk Agents also take care of the breakfast and lobby area during their shifts so I assure they were just busy at the moment when you came down to check out. At any point you are more than welcome to use the phone located at the desk to dial "0" as instructed to speack with an associate.
I hope you give us a chance to prove our selves to you and if you need any further feelf ree to contact me.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

The hotel is a real bargain. Room was comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly, even called the room after I checked in to see if I needed anything and was satisfied. Nice breakfast.

Room Tip: No elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

We appreciate the kind review! I am pleased to see when our guests enjoy the hotel and amenities we offer.
If you need anything feel free to contact us directly.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We are just back from a Christmas shopping trip to Lancaster, PA. Couldn't find a reasonable AND clean hotel in that city, so opted for the Super 8 in Gettysburg, which already has good reviews on this site. It meant driving a little over an hour each way, but there's also a great outlet mall in Gettysburg, so we did that the first day, then did Lancaster the following two days. US 30 is a great route to travel on, lots to see if you're interested in the local scenery and old buildings...didn't mind the drive at all. The motel itself was GREAT!! Staff were helpful & friendly, beds were VERY comfortable, and the room was very clean, including the bathroom. My daughter used the pool and said it was great too, water was about 85° the evening she used it. We also took advantage of their continental breakfast on two different mornings and it was fresh, varied, and the water for the tea was very hot, just the way I like it. The other ladies liked the coffee too. Only problem was w/the juice on the morning we departed. We had it the previous morning, but on departure day, it was a bit watery & we could taste the flouride in it. Otherwise, this hotel was absolutely perfect for us, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Well Thank You for such a lovely review! It is always good news when we have made our guests happy, safe and comfortable. I am glad you enjoyed your shopping trip and your stay with us! We are just a phone call away for your reservation needs!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed at Super 8 Gettysburg in early Oct 2011 for 5 nights & wished we could have stayed longer. The staff were very friendly. Karen at the front desk was especially helpful and attentive to our needs and questions and was a very good PR for the hotel as a whole. Thanks to her we were able to enjoy some local restaurants we might otherwise have missed and were given very good tips about enjoying the historial area (there is so much to see). Our security concern about staying with a diabetic cat were addressed and the hotel worked with us on this personal situation. The room was very nice and we were amazed at what a comfortable bed we had for such an affordable price. The complimentary breakfast proved to be a real plus since we learned to make our own waffles, which were delicious. The pool & spa were very usable as well as the free use of a washer/dryer. Great location with ample parking. A good vacation was enjoyed by all Would recommend this Super 8 to friends. Thanks again Karen for your help. Looking forward to another visit next year!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Thank you for sharing! I am sure Karen will appreciate your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit! Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at the Super 8 in Gettysburg, PA in October 2011. It was the first time we stayed there and had a nice time. Be aware that this is not a "new" establishment so you will see some wear on the furniture in your room. The room and bathroom were clean, but we did notice some dust between pieces of furniture (fridge and dresser) and in corners. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast is what you would expect (waffles, scrambled eggs, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice). The lobby doubles as the seating area for breakfast and there is plenty of seating. The hotel itself is not located right in town, but it is only a few minutes away from the visitors center and other attractions. We did not get to use the pool, but it looked well taken care of and we plan on using it next time we are there. Good value for the money and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you in the future!