The hotel was a great price for two nights in Gettysburg, but as expected you get what you pay for.
The pros: price, beds were comfy, not far away from downtown, front desk person greeting was nice, and free continental breakfast.
The cons: Ventilation on the second floor hallway would be helpful since it smells like cigarette smoke, clock was broken in the room, no "Do Not Disturb" sign and they never cleaned our room. As stated above we had no DND sign so they should have come and even after a phone call to the front desk who said they'd take care of it, no one ever came.
Overall I'd probably give it another chance if I was ever in Gettysburg again because it was so cheap, but even an inexpensive hotel should do the basics like service/clean the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Super 8 of Gettysburg, PA. We are conveniently located exactly one mile from the center of Gettysburg and two miles from the battlefields and the related attractions. We are positioned closely to the crossroads of US Rt 30 and US Rt 15, directly behind Perkins Restuarant. On your next visit to Gettysburg, please come stay with the Super 8 and enjoy our SuperStart breakfast, free wireless internet, and indoor pool/spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Holiday Inn Gettysburg
- Super Eight Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Holiday Inn Express
- Gettysburg Super Eight
- Gettysburg Super 8