“Happy Trails!!”

Confederate Trails of Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Witness the Battlefield at the Speed of History. Take an adventure across the battlefield. Get out of your cars and off the beaten path. Enjoy the scenery of the Gettysburg Battlefield, while atop your horse. Take part in an adventure through History. Licensed Battlefield Guides or their Recorded Narrative played through earpiece for better hearing. When booking, each Tour availability shows if the Tour has a Live Guide or if it is the Narrative Small group size. Individual attention. Family friendly pricing. Groups welcome! See Website for information!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Happy Trails!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Gettysburg Battlefield is one of my favorite historic areas to visit and I have toured the battlefield many times by foot,by car,and by bicycle. The only thing left was a tour on horseback and it was well worth the wait!! It gives you a totally different perspective on this hallowed ground. You can truly get a sense of what the soldiers were seeing around them on those three horrific days in July 1863. I would highly recommend these folks. The horses are well mannered and you can tell that these folks take good care of them. Rachel, Kendall, and our licensed guide Tim were all terrific. I knew a lot about the battle beforehand but Tim managed to teach me even more with his knowledge of the battle and events. Don't pass up this opportunity to learn and have an enjoyable ride at the same time!

Visited October 2013
6 Thank ptsusan

Cumberland, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't pass this up!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were able to finally do this ride after visiting getttysburg several times. We were impressed with the lead staff and guide, Kendall and Tim. Good instruction for first time riders. The horses were well behaved, despite some who couldn't resist the lush green grass! Was impressed by the condition of the saddles and helmets, being that they are well used. Loved the trail and how it takes you thru the battlefield. Tim was very informative and knowledgable about the battle and the park. They were excellent with rider safety and comfort. We never felt we were in any danger even with all the traffic in the park. The price paid was well worth it! Just riding where you know men fought and fell in battle gave you goose bumps. We really had a great time and will do it again when given the chance!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Linda R
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice ride”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a one of a kind trip you can take with our without your own horse. I take my horse and go with about 20 friends one a year to ride the battle grounds. The trails are excellent and the views are inspirational. Its difficult to believe all the loss of life that was endured during the battles that raged one the same ground that your riding on. Take this trip once and you will not regret it.

5 Thank mustangspirit
New York City
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my first time riding horseback and it was great. The trail was beautiful and Katie was a great guide. I wholeheartedly recommend this company.

2 Thank jsnakes211
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome 1st time horseback riding ever!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was nervous to ride a horse, but I have always wanted to do it. I also have never been to Gettysburg, so I decided to combine the two!

The ride was very well organized. We were given very clear instructions on how to handle the horses.
The staff were awesome:
Katie - Provided clear safety guidelines and was extremely friendly.
Tim - The licensed guide was very knowledgeable and very personable. He even took the time to answer questions and have a conversation after the ride.
Some even took pictures while we were on the horses.
There were two other girls who were also very helpful in mounting/dismounting the horses.

The ride:
The walking pace was great for a new rider. The horses were all well behaved, even when a squirrel popped out! We did the one hour tour and the morning was perfect for it! Just long enough to see the expanse of the battlefield, but short enough that we are definitely planning to schedule a two hour tour!

The horses:
All the horses appeared to be well cared for. The staff offered carrots for after the ride that we could use to feed to horses. Saddles and equipment in beautiful condition.

Overall, a wonderful experience! I think I am now hooked on horseback riding!!!

3 Thank Ashlee H