“Great way to see the battlefield”

Confederate Trails of Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Witness the Battlefield at the Speed of History. Take an adventure across the battlefield. Get out of your cars and off the beaten path. Enjoy the scenery of the Gettysburg Battlefield, while atop your horse. Take part in an adventure through History. Licensed Battlefield Guides or their Recorded Narrative played through earpiece for better hearing. When booking, each Tour availability shows if the Tour has a Live Guide or if it is the Narrative Small group size. Individual attention. Family friendly pricing. Groups welcome! See Website for information!
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was an excellent family activity. We were visiting our daughter at Gettysburg College for the weekend and did the 1-hour guided tour. It was our 10-year old son's first experience riding a horse. The employees were kind and helpful, the horses were easy to ride, and we enjoyed the information our tour guide shared along the ride. We definitely would "see the battle from the saddle" again!

1  Thank Jean C
"battlefield guide"
in 20 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 10 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"different perspective"
in 10 reviews
"pickett's charge"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I were absolutley delighted with our experience with CT!!! We took a 1 hr. ride on Friday and my husband had never been on a horse before, so I wanted to make sure he had a good time. We had so much fun that we booked a 2 hr. ride for the next day. Jim, the guide was brilliant about the battles and had a wonderful sense of humor. Being able to hear Jim crisply and easily was an added bonus. The horses were fabulous and Rachel and Katie were terrific and fun. They even surprised us with cake for our anniversary!!!! Talk about a make you feel great experience! The trails were inviting, even in the late fall and the scenery terrific "que the deer!". The horses never put a foot wrong. It was a wonderful trip and we will definately be back for more fun!!!!

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My 12 yr old son and I participated in a 1hour ride on Oct. 12th and had an awesome time! We were both unexperienced riders but quickly learned and were comfortable w/ the horses. Rachel and Sgt. Duffy were wonderful guides and took the time to answer the many questions my son had, and even spent time talking to us after the ride. Our horses, Scout and King Valor, were awesome, and deserve extra carrots =). We will definitely be riding w/ Confederate Trails again the next time we come to Gettysburg.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I had a great tour last weekend with our 2 daughters ages 11 and 13. We had a great experience on horseback for 2 hours touring the battlefield. I would highly recommend taking this tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was the 4th battlefield ride my son and I have taken since last summer (2011). Needless to say we thoroughly enjoy the rides. This time we took the Battlefield Guided Tour. Our tour guide was Andie. She did an outstanding job explaining the history and answering our questions on the battle of Gettysburg. Katie from Confederate Trails accompanied us. We have rode with Katie before and she was once again very friendly and most attentive to each and every rider's needs. My son and I will definitely schedule more rides with Confederate Trails whenever we visit Gettysburg.