“Great American Grill, Gettysburg, PA”

Garden Grille & Bar
Ranked #83 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a wonderful cooked to order breakfast at this restaurant in the hotel. The space was bright and open, and the service personnel were very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Garden Grille & Bar

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Poor quality. Tasteless. That picture provided up there looks nothing like what our breakfasts looked like (10 pieces of grated cheese on an overcooked floppy tiny omelet, stale old potatoes, sausage that gives me the shivers, lol). Old and stale. Let down! Maybe dinner is ...better? Staff was very nice and sweet. Juice, waffles, and fruit is a better bet. Better luck next time I guess!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We decided to stay close to hotel after a full day at the Gettysburg battlefield. The space where the restaurant is located in the lobby is lovely and very bright. The menu was very varied and looked very appealing. However, I ordered the beef ragu over pappardelle noodles. It was very bland. My husband had a hamburger which was on the dry side. It was ordered medium rare. My grandson had fish and chips which he said was good.
The service was very concerned and attentive.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had breakfast while staying at the hotel. The food was good, plenty of options. The staff was very friendly, but disorganized. Forgot my tea. Didn't seem to know if lower level Hilton honors members eat free (they decided I didn't qualify). But not bad.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had breakfast at the Grill, although, I must admit, I prefer to skip breakfast when I am on the road. For some reason, perhaps the coupon I receive as a Hilton Honors member, I decided to eat at the Great American Grill. I wasn't disappointed.

The wait staff was very helpful and friendly, and the made-to-order omelette was excellent. Then there was the ample breakfast buffet that featured many healthy items, including fresh fruit, juices and low-fat yogurt. They also offered a complimentary copy of USA Today. Excellent!

Some people say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Having breakfast at the Great American Grill is a good way to make healthy eating a pleasant experience.