“10 stars if I could!”

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“10 stars if I could!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This was the most incredible experience! Not only did we get to ride these beautiful animals, but our guide helped us really understand the battle on that side and Pickett's charge. I thought I knew a lot about the War but I truly understood it on a different level after her talk and being on the horses. My husband and I and our 10 year old twin girls all loved the tour and appreciated how wonderful Pam and her crew were. It was a true highlight of a two week trip!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Twingirlsmom2

Monroe, NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We did our tour over 6 months ago, but my kids still rave about it when they talk about it!! My children's school requires a summer visit to a historical place, and an accompanying report. We choose Gettysburg and after some research, decided a horse tour would be a great way to learn about the Battlefield. My 8 year old son was super excited, but my 10 year old daughter was nervous. She was ok getting on the horse, but soon burst out into tears. A young woman- I forget her name- explained to her that her horse has been ridden by a 4 year old and Pam had her ride right behind her, both in a successful effort to make my daughter feel more at ease. The horses were all wonderful, the Battlefield was gorgeous and heartbreaking (because of the history) and the information during the tour was incredibly interesting....wish it went on longer! We all had an amazing time! It was a bit pricey at $90 each (not including tip) but if I remember correctly, it was competitive with other similar tours....but I honestly think the experience was totally worth the cost and would recommend it highly!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Alyssa C
Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A most relaxing two hours!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

From the moment we started our ride, Pam made everyone feel welcome. Her greatest concern was the safety of her riders. She matches you with the horse that fits you best. She then gives you individual instruction for that horse. She puts you at ease right away. I had Viggo. Viggo tends to slow up at times. His nickname is "the turtle". But Pam gave me the instruction to have a most enjoyable ride. Pam also is very concerned about her horses. At each stop she checked her horses and asked me if I had any concerns. She always encouraged me during the ride. I went on the two hour tour with a park guide- Terri. Terri was extremely enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about the battle. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Terri loves a crowd that gets involved. What was great about Hickory Hollow was that you pay as you start the ride. Other tours you would have to pay beforehand. Also the tour would take place in rain or shine. I went in November. I mentioned this to Pam and she said if it rained the tour would be cancelled. After all who wants to go on a ride in November, in the rain. As I said, she was extremely concerned about her riders.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Joseph S
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best way to see Gettysburg!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Wow, I don't even know what to say! Pam was such a sweet, kind lady! There was a boy in our group who had never been on a horse before and she was excellent at making him feel comfortable and having him ride right behind her. I hadn't been on a horse in about two years, so was a little apprehensive.. no need to be. I was given "Big John" (who is retiring next year by the way and going to live with a family) and he was such a gentle giant! All of the horses were very well behaved and well taken care of. Pam did match us up according to height, weight and personalities. I'd been to Gettysburg before, but never really appreciated it as much as I did riding on the confederate side of the battle. This was a unique way to see some of the battlefield.. next time I will be looking into the two hour ride! Thanks Pam and Hickory Hollow! :)

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Joshsgirl86
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must do!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pam is such a sweet kind lady! I have rode with Hickory Hollow on two different occasions and both times it was such a fantastic experience. I can not express what a very relaxing, beautiful adventure this is! I am a little nervous around horses and these horses make you feel so comfortable, very well trained!

Visited October 2013