“Just breathtaking. Amazing experience.”

Hickory Hollow Horse Farm
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was an awesome farm & staff. You would be wise to take this on for a day. The entire family had so much fun. I loved every moment.

1  Thank Rumblejungle
"different perspective"
in 12 reviews
"longer tour"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews
"two hours"
in 15 reviews
"civil war"
in 24 reviews
"pickett's charge"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2013

A friend and I (late 60's) read about seeing Gettysburg on horseback in our local paper and decided to do it. Since we had flown 3000 miles, we signed up for the 7 hour tour. Neither of us are experienced riders but it didn't matter. It was great! We're both history buffs and learned so much more about tactical decisions from being on the battle ground than we ever could have gleaned from a book. Very few people sign up for the 7 hour tour. So, if you do, you'll likely end up with a private tour and guide like we did. The horseback ride was the highlight of our week in Gettysburg.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I tagged along with a group from work for a horse back riding tour of the Gettysburg battle fields. I usually plan outings for a group, but this time I left it up to "the guys". Well, they don't plan very well so we got lost and were 10 minutes late for our tour. By the time we got there all the other customers were on their horses and ready to go. I felt terrible but everyone at HHF couldn't have been nicer about our tardiness. They got everyone ready to go and gave us a quick lesson and then we were off. Most of us were novice riders but there was plenty of staff along for the ride to keep us all in check and make sure everyone stayed safe. The guide was very knowledgeable and a very good tour guide. I can't say enough good things about this group. It is a must do if you are planning to visit Gettysburg!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My 2 sisters (50ish) and I had a great experience touring the battlefield on horseback. Pam was excellent with making arrangements. Due to uncertain weather we weren't sure if we could ride. Luckily it cleared up at the last minute and were able to have our 6 pm tour. Since others cancelled due to the weather, it was just us, our guide, Tammy, and Tessa, our wrangler. Tammy was knowledgable and informative regarding the battles, and Tessa knew her horses. Not being frequent riders, we felt comfortable on the horses, who were obviously loved and well cared for. Our 2 hour ride was both educational and relaxing. We even took time while discussing history to allow our horses to graze a bit on their last ride of the day. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone, and Children and teens would enjoy this more than your standard bus tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a very awesome, personal horseback tour on the battlefields. I rode with Confederate Trails in the past & Hickory Hollow blows them away. Pam is so personable on the phone & fits your ever need into this ride. We changed times at last minute because it was so cold in the am and it was changed without any problems. Our guide Tasha was really awesome too, stopping to take our pictures. I will use them every time I go back!