“Absolutely the best decision we could have made!”

Hickory Hollow Horse Farm
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Gettysburg to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and thought that it would be really special to do the horseback battlefield tour. It was definitely one of the best decisions we could have made. Pam and her friend are very professional but full of fun as well. Our Licensed Battlefield Guide, Terry Latschar is so knowledgeable and friendly she made the battle come to life! The horses were absolutely beautiful and well behaved. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a very special moment on our very special day!

There are newer reviews for Hickory Hollow Horse Farm

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My sweetie and I had an experience like no other, riding the trails along the confederate lines, through the woods, right up through where Pickett's charge took place and onto the battlefield! It was amazing. The National Park Service guide was informative, the horses were gentle and friendly and Pam, Becky and the others from the farm took very good care of us. We strongly recommend you sign up and take a 2 or 4 hour tour, you will not regret it.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friend and I decided to do the battlefield tour, even tough she had never ridden before. I checked all of the options, and am so glad we chose Hickory Hollow! Pam and her staff did a great job of matching people and horses and we had a wonderful time. The animals are well taken care of and you can tell the handlers love what they do. Tasha (one of the wranglers) was very personable, and we enjoyed being able to talk while riding rather than have to wear a headset to hear a guide. Our guide Terri was awesome as well- the amount of info they have is amazing! The groups are small, and you actually get to stop in various places to hear about the history. It is a completely different experience of the park. We plan to do it again and will use Hickory Hollow, but plan on an even longer tour!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We chose Hickory Hollow Farm for our guided horseback tour in Gettysburg and it was a wonderful experience! We are not experienced riders so it was very reassuring to see how good the wranglers were with both horses AND people. My husband is a history buff so he enjoyed the expertise of our licensed battlefield guide, and my teenage daughters and I especially enjoyed the unique personalities of our horses and the expert and affectionate way the wranglers handled them. We would go with Hickory Hollow Farm again and highly recommend them to others.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We've been to Gettysburg many times and wanted to try something different. We had a little extra money so we decided to do a tour by horse. We wanted something "personal" so we chose a local farm. Pam and her family were extremely helpful and made sure we all had a safe, enjoyable time. The guide had good information about the battle and answered all our questions. I enjoyed watching Tasha's 4yr old daughter ride like a pro - and she kept my 11yr old entertained and helped him feel more comfortable about riding a horse for the first time. Thanks for a memorable experience. We had a ball.

1  Thank Janine C