“Best way in the world to see the battlefields!”

Hickory Hollow Horse Farm
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If I could put 10 stars on this I would! Our guide Terry was out of this world informative and answered all of my questions, (and I had a lot). Hickory Hollow must take care of their horses like their own children, as they are very well mannered and SO clean. We did the 2 hour tour, and if we had more time, we would have done more. This is by far the best way to see and learn about the battle. Thank you so much for the memories!!

2  Thank CDHoyt
There are newer reviews for Hickory Hollow Horse Farm

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I would highly recommend this place. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable. They provided a totally different view of the Gettysburg Battlefield. We are not young people but that didn't hinder us from enjoying the experience, so don't let age stop you. I would not hesitate to use them again.

3  Thank TravelingMan987
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice horses and great views. Pam was good instructor and knolegable.Would like to have taken battlefield tour. Much better price than other options in the area

2  Thank AWH791
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Being able to experience the battlefields of Gettysburg on horseback was a truly unique way to learn the history of the area, and we would highly recommend it. We were referred to Hickory Hollow Farms by our Bed and Breakfast, and were not disappointed – the horses were well taken care of, and our guide was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. (Be sure to ask for Terry – she is amazing!) We would definitely ride with them again.

2  Thank NC_Red
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a trip to Hershey Park and decided to also include Gettysburg (approx. 40-45 min drive). It was my daughter's (10 yrs old) first time on a horse. After some instruction she was was off on her own riding a horse. The owner (Pam) and guide (Tasha) were extremely friendly and patient with those not familiar with horseback riding. The horses appeared healthy and well cared for while also having good behaviors. The ride around the grounds of Gettysburg was both informative (thanks to Terry (history guide)) and exciting as you rode the same trails as the confederate troops 150 years ago. The ride took approximately 2 hours to complete and again the horses are well trained "trail" horses which the owner/guides gave you limited freedom in regards to trotting, but most tourists appeared comfortable with the set pace. In conclusion, I would definitely refer this company to anyone and would be surprised if there were any negative reviews involving the staff or the tour. Happy trails and thanks to Pam, Tasha, and Terry (Lila was adorable and quite the wrangler).

2  Thank quinceyme