“This is the place to go!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“This is the place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Del and Tish make this whole experience wonderful! Our picture came out great and we were very happy! They are masters of their craft. On a personal note, my husband was not feeling well with a diabetic problem and while I ran to get juice, they gave him a granola bar and took care of him while I was gone! We are very grateful for that! He was able to do the picture and we had a wonderful time. The costumes are fabulous! My husband is a big guy and they fitted him perfectly! The employee that helped us was very sweet too! (I don't remember her name). Go there and have your portrait taken, you will love it!

Martinsville, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What A Nice Family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

My 16 year old son and myself just became a Confederate foot soldier and General. Del and Tish (and their daughter) made the experience VERY friendly and enjoyable! It was very cool getting into the old school clothing and going back in time for a few minutes. Well worth the money. We got the digital package because it was a bit cheaper, but the tin type looked awesome when we saw samples. It's great to have these photos as a memory for many years to come!

1 Thank IndianaChrisP
Centerville, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A happy woman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a great experience with Victorian Photography. The couple who run it are very nice and they did a superb job. I was especially impressed that they had PLUS-sized dresses! Normally, a heavy woman cannot go to these kinds of studios and not be mortified because she's too big, but not only did the clothes fit, but they were beautiful. I had a nice off the shoulder gown and my husband was a Union officer. They even photoshopped a bit when I was a little dismayed about the angle of my face. It turned out great and now we have something for our parents. It was also reasonably priced!!! $35 for an 8 x 10 and 2 5 x 7s. A wonderful experience!

2 Thank Trina1997
ishpeming
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This was worth every penny and every excellent review it's received. My husband and I had a great time and the owners were funny and great

Woodhaven, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I brought my boyfriend to have our photo taken. This was his first time to Gettysburg,so I wanted to do this for him. I bought the wet plate process and it was a fun experience. Getting dressed up was fun along with learning the history. The staff here is wonderful and very kind. Definitely make your reservations and if you do this process I would definitely say get the 5/7 picture.