“So much fun!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I had such a good time 3 years ago that we decided to do it again. We had a blast this time around as well! Both times, we went with the wet plate photos. I showed a few people at work today and they thought it was a real picture from the 1800s! They did not realize it was me right away. That's how authentic these pictures are. I'm posting all three pictures the couple photo was from 3 years ago and the singles are from this year.

All reviews
in 66 reviews
"costumes"
in 101 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The whole experience as great! We got a lesson in period clothing and how to do wet plate photography. My 10 year old twin girls were fascinated with the process since all they know is digital and couldn't fathom something not instant. Our photo is great and will be our Christmas card.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I went down for the day. We thought it would be a fun thing to do. Everyone was really nice... AMAZINGLY NICE actually. We had a great time and told everyone about it. We will definitely come back in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our family took a trip to Gettysburg in March 2014. We had the wet plate photo done. It was amazing! Not only do you have the picture done. but you get a detailed explanation on the whole process. Tish was so awesome! She made it so educational and fun! Wish we had done this years ago! I recommend this to everyone!