“Great experience!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had so much fun doing a family portrait. MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW IS MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. Don't be disappointed if you just walk in and they can't take you, this isn't their fault, it's lack of planning on your part if you don't make an appointment. I knew my 6 year old wouldn't be able to sit still for wet plate so we opted for the digital. It only took a few minutes for my daughter and I to get dressed and have our hair done, when we came out my husband and son were ready for us. They take the time to thoughtfully pose you and coordinate outfits so that everything comes out perfect. Thanks for a family portrait I'll cherish forever!

1 Thank b_perigo

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Price and Good Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very good service at a very good price. Look for coupons to improve the value. If you arrive at off times, there is no wait and you can walk out with your photos is 20 minutes!

1 Thank DaleB9120
Scottdale, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Gettysburg experi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

As a photographer myself, I was very happy with the experience.
The staff were very professional and the studio had loads of costumes to chose from.
The price and finished product were a great value, my grandchildren had a wonderful time and looked great.
If you are looking for a period photography experience this is the place to go, we had this done at another studio a few years ago and there was no comparison to the Victorian Photography Studio.
Go you will love it..

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Timeless....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful studio, with competent, professional, kind and honest individuals. Our pictures will be a visual memory of our trip for our lifetime. Great getting all "dressed up," our 13 & 15 year old daughters even enjoyed themselves and keep re-checking out the photos. Do it. :)

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“An awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friend and I had our picture taken in civil war period pieces. The owner dressed me in a beautiful gown and jewelry and even did my hair in a style appropriate for the era. She took her time so everything turned out amazing, not to mention she was super friendly! My friend was dressed in a Union officer costume, which also looked great. Props were used too, which gave the picture a special touch. It was definitely first rate, much better than the picture we had taken a couple of years ago at the place down the road from this studio. The prices are very reasonable. We went with the digital photos, not the tin type, and they still have a very realistic look to them. I would definitely consider getting a tin type in the future. We made an appointment well in advance, and I would recommend doing the same. The session and waiting for the prints took about 30-45minutes so plan ahead. This was definitely worth it!