“An awesome experience!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #2 of 10 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friend and I had our picture taken in civil war period pieces. The owner dressed me in a beautiful gown and jewelry and even did my hair in a style appropriate for the era. She took her time so everything turned out amazing, not to mention she was super friendly! My friend was dressed in a Union officer costume, which also looked great. Props were used too, which gave the picture a special touch. It was definitely first rate, much better than the picture we had taken a couple of years ago at the place down the road from this studio. The prices are very reasonable. We went with the digital photos, not the tin type, and they still have a very realistic look to them. I would definitely consider getting a tin type in the future. We made an appointment well in advance, and I would recommend doing the same. The session and waiting for the prints took about 30-45minutes so plan ahead. This was definitely worth it!

All reviews
in 70 reviews
"period"
in 81 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is one of the things we were looking most forward to doing in Gettysburg. There is no parking lot, so park behind in the motel parking lot. When we walked in nobody was there except another customer so we looked around. We even had time to pick out what package that we wanted. The man came downstairs and I approached him at the counter and said I think we know what we want. He looks at me and says "First of all do you have an appointment." We did not, and they were booked up. He said the earliest he could get us in was Thursday at 2pm. We were staying in Hershey an hour away so this was not going to work. If you are going, I recommend calling ahead of time.

vps1863, Owner at Victorian Photography Studio, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Sorry that you were not happy, and we could not slip you in to the schedule over the 150th anniversary of the battle Gettysburg. Over the anniversary of the 150th all things in town are extremely busy. I really do not see how we can get a poor rating because we were booked full on the busiest time of the year and the150th. We would love to be able take your photo your next visit to Gettysburg.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We wanted to do something unusual this trip to Gettysburg, so we had our picture taken in period correct costumes. We had a wet plate done because the whole process is explained and you get to see the magic happen right before your eyes. It was a very educational experience! Our Photographer was wonderful. She explained everything that was going to happen, the photo taking, the processing of the plate, the poses we would do. She was so friendly and professional.
We will be doing this again when we are in Gettysburg. Can't wait!! This would be fun for the entire family to do. What a great keepsake!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went last year with my Mom and son he was 9 and loved it. Pictures turned out great, staff was very nice and the outfits were very clean and time period fitting. Sooo this year I am returning with my husband and son and this is already on our list to do again.... Can't wait...