“Great experience!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband hates taking pictures, but he loved this and hasn't stopped talking about how fun it was! We're excited to have the pictures for many years to come.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

On a recent trip to Gettysburg my husband and I decided to have a period photo taken together and we headed down town to what we thought was the Victorian Photography Studio I read about on tripadvisor. It didn't take me long to realize it wasn't the studio I read about on-line, but I figured what the heck, one period studio must be just as good as the others... I was WRONG!!! The lady assisting me didn't take any time to concern herself with the details that matter with recreating an authentic looking photo from that time period. The finished product was so horrible I wanted to cry. We contacted The Victorian Photo Studio and arranged an appointment with them. What a difference!!! I can't say enough about the difference in quality and service between the two studios. I am beyond thrilled with the picture they took for us. I have shown both pictures to family and all agree there is no comparison. Don't get caught in a tourist trap, have it done right the first time.

1  Thank BJS627
Reviewed June 3, 2013

So much fun! My friends did not believe that this is what I had planned for a "touristy" adventure when we were back at Gettysburg College for our 25th reunion. I had bet my daughter that I would be a Union officer and she begged me not too. I was an officer and my friends were both ladies. It was great fun dressing up and I loved wearing wool pants in the 95F heat!!!! The staff at the studio were incredibly knowledgeable about what folks wore back during the war and helped us dress and giggle and snap shots. My friend's hair was incredible and up in less than a minute. We were amazed! We got into our pose and our photographer took one perfect shot of us. Twenty minutes later we had a copy each and a great memory. The staff were a lot of fun. Back at the college we had a blast sharing our shot. Highly recommend!

1  Thank BrissleGirl66
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were amazed at the authenticity of the outfits and the expertise of the photographer. She clicked the camera only twice, and knew she got it the second time. She was correct. The photo will no doubt serve as our main memory of a fabulous trip to Gettysburg.

1  Thank PatrickWahl
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We brought a small group of students to the Victorian Photography Studio and they had so much fun. Both the teen girls and the boys enjoyed this. My favorite part was that Del and Trish took the time to explain to the students what they were wearing and why. This was way more than an "attraction" and definitely worth the time and price--just make sure you get a reservation before arriving in Gettysburg. Thank you!