“Fabulous photos -- owners are wonderful with children”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous photos -- owners are wonderful with children”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We visited to get photos of my 11 year-old twin boys as a souvenir and to use for Christmas gifts for their grandparents. One of my boys chose to be a Union soldier and the other a Confederate soldier. The owners dressed and posed them with great attention to detail -- my Union soldier held a US-made Springfield rifle replica and my Confederate soldier held a British-made Enfield replica like those used by the Confederacy at the start of the war. We opted for wet plate (Civil War-era technology) photos on tin, which take more time than digital photos but give a more dramatic result. The photographer/owner explained the wet plate process and patiently answered all their questions. The most amazing thing was how he persuaded two kids who are constantly in motion to hold perfectly still for the 13 seconds needed to expose the wet plates, not once but three times! I've never seen my boys so still when they weren't asleep. We ended up with three fabulous photos that look just like something you'd see in a book about the Civil War. Very cool. I'm so glad we chose Victorian Photography.

Visited June 2011

Lynn, Indiana
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Must do”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The husband wife team are wonderful. We felt very welcome and right at home. This is not you typical old time photo place. My family has several family photos from the civil war period. The one we received of our family of five is just as awesome. What a great way to preserve our trip.

“If you want a fun, creative and different experience, this is it!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is by no means "just" a photo studio, this is an experience that creates a bond between the photographer and subject ensuring the outcome is precisely what has been requested. My experience here was easily in the top 3 I had in the Gettysburg area in terms of enjoyment, learning and just plain fun!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Highlight of our trip!!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had a wet print onto tin made at this studio and it far exceeded our expectations. The husband and wife team were super friendly and helped explained the process from beginning to end. Not only was the experience unforgettable but it was also educational. Would definitely recommend having a Victorian photo done at this location! If we ever return to Gettysburg we will have another print made! We walked away feeling like we made two new friends :)

Visited July 2011
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“They were great!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and i had so much fun doing this...they were friendly and so much fun to be around..pictures turned out great!!! would definitely do this again

Visited July 2011