“Fast, Friendly and Fun! We will be back!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fast, Friendly and Fun! We will be back!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great pictures for a great price! A must stop in Gettysburg. Staff was fun and very nice. Great quality pictures for an amazing price, all done in about 15 minutes :)

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife wanted to get a tin type photo done of our family. She was concerned for the attention span of our two daughters (6 and 3). The owners were very patient and got a perfect shot with no blurs. The whole experience was very enjoyable. The photographer explained the develpment process to our girls, who were in aww watching their images appear on the tin type. They also provide digital photo's that are so good they are difficult to discern from a tin type. If anyone wants an authentic tin type photo of period costumes. Victorian Photography Sudio is the place to go.

Visited July 2011
Coudersport, Pennsylvania, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have one thing to say...Tish and Del....you ROCK!!! I had a large family with me, from and 89 year old civil war buff (my dad), to and 3 1/2 year old fresh from nap time. Both Tish and Del took their time with all of us, not only taking the photographs but also explaining the what and why of everything we were doing. We had both a wet plate and digital done and both were fantastic. I plan on a return trip in August with a friend and my first stop with be at Victorian Photography Studio for a special wet plate I have been planning since my first visit. Great couple, great place. Highly recommend for all!

Visited May 2011
Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Back for more”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I don’t write many reviews because I wonder if anyone really reads them, however in this case I could not resist. I need to tell whomever is reading this to drop what you are doing and plan a trip to the Victorian Photography Studio in Gettysburg. I believe that you can tell a lot about a place by its return customers… well we are very happy return customers. My wife and I are lovers of history and spend a lot of time and money traveling from one historic site to another and this is one of the most memorable places we have ever visited. The Owners: Del and Tish make you feel at home from the moment you enter the front door. This is much more than just getting your picture taken, you get personal attention and advice in period clothing, are posed in a period style, and best of all get to be part of an ancient method of photography (Wet plate). I feel like the pictures we have taken here could go into a museum.
In this day and age of cranky poor service, come and enjoy something special and take home a piece of history you can show your friends.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank Hyperthermia
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“The best experience in Gettysburg!!!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

These folks who run this establishment were very professional and very entertaining. I would recommend them to anyone going to Gettysburg...And the pictures ROCK!

Visited June 2011