I stayed at the Lodges over the weekend with my sister, her fiancée and another friend of ours. We stayed in 2 of the Captain's Lodges. My sister had a King bed room and my friend and I stayed in a room with 2 beds. The "cabins" are fantastic. New. Clean, Modern. Comfortable. There is a small kitchen (microwave, fridge, Keurig coffee maker, coffees, hot chocolates, tea, plates, silverware, cork screw, etc), spacious bathroom with beautiful slate shower. The "cabins" have high ceiling with exposed wood beams. The main Lodge serves a continental breakfast in the morning with fresh fruits, yogurts, waffles, bagels, croissants etc along with coffee, tea, oatmeal packets. It is a nice touch. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the views from the top of the ridge are stunning! There is a lake on the property that is beautiful and a nice touch.
I have been coming to Gettysburg since childhood and I also graduated from Gettysburg College in the 1990's. I visit Gettysburg often for weddings, class reunions, get-togethers and just fun weekends with friends and family. I have stayed in a variety of locations and I now consider this location and resort to be one of the top choices! I recommend it to others and I will stay again. Even the towels in the bathrooms are plush, extra large and fluffy which is so much nicer than regular hotel bath towels. The beds are comfortable, clean, great pillows. This was far better than what I was expecting. The level of luxury was fantastic and a nice surprise. I also noticed that there was no dust on the floors, no dust on the window ledges, no dirt or dust bunnies lurking in the corners and no fingerprints on the mirrors or windows and yes, I notice those things. Great job Lodges!! Keep up the great work and high standards!
Some things that I would recommend to make it an even better stay and add that extra touch.
1. Please add mirrors to the living room/bed area. The mirrors/mirror in the bathroom is great but when you have a few girls/women getting ready at once, the mirror(s) in the bathroom only is not enough. We kept saying that having a mirror over the desk area would have been a big help in the morning especially for drying hair and putting on make-up.
2. Breakfast: It would be great to add a bowl of granola to add to the yogurt in the morning AND at least one warm chaffing dish of eggs. The breakfast spread was great but very carbohydrate rich (Bagels, muffins, croissants, waffles, oatmeal) and due to some dietary restrictions it can make that selection limited. I think that the addition of a warm dish of eggs would take the breakfast offering to the next level and be a nice touch.
3. Creamer in the rooms. Unless I missed it, there were K-cups for coffee, hot chocolate, tea but I did not see any powdered creamer for the coffee. I did not use the in-room coffee machine but I did notice that was missing. As well, if you added a "pay per use" snacks-in-room or water/soft drinks in the fridge as a pay-per-use mini bar/snack area, that would be excellent!
Do not hesitate to stay here. It was fantastic and I WILL go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodges at Gettysburg is a warm and elegant private retreat set on 63 secluded acres and conveniently located to Washington DC, Baltimore MD, and Harrisburg PA. Our private lodges are complete with fully equipped kitchenettes, bathrooms, fireplaces (suites only), hardwood floors, heating and air conditioning, private porches, vaulted beam ceilings, Flat Screen TVs and secure high speed internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodges at Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodges At Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg