“Fabulous property and relaxing stay!”

The Lodges at Gettysburg
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Elkridge, Maryland
“Fabulous property and relaxing stay!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the Lodges over the weekend with my sister, her fiancée and another friend of ours. We stayed in 2 of the Captain's Lodges. My sister had a King bed room and my friend and I stayed in a room with 2 beds. The "cabins" are fantastic. New. Clean, Modern. Comfortable. There is a small kitchen (microwave, fridge, Keurig coffee maker, coffees, hot chocolates, tea, plates, silverware, cork screw, etc), spacious bathroom with beautiful slate shower. The "cabins" have high ceiling with exposed wood beams. The main Lodge serves a continental breakfast in the morning with fresh fruits, yogurts, waffles, bagels, croissants etc along with coffee, tea, oatmeal packets. It is a nice touch. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the views from the top of the ridge are stunning! There is a lake on the property that is beautiful and a nice touch.

I have been coming to Gettysburg since childhood and I also graduated from Gettysburg College in the 1990's. I visit Gettysburg often for weddings, class reunions, get-togethers and just fun weekends with friends and family. I have stayed in a variety of locations and I now consider this location and resort to be one of the top choices! I recommend it to others and I will stay again. Even the towels in the bathrooms are plush, extra large and fluffy which is so much nicer than regular hotel bath towels. The beds are comfortable, clean, great pillows. This was far better than what I was expecting. The level of luxury was fantastic and a nice surprise. I also noticed that there was no dust on the floors, no dust on the window ledges, no dirt or dust bunnies lurking in the corners and no fingerprints on the mirrors or windows and yes, I notice those things. Great job Lodges!! Keep up the great work and high standards!

Some things that I would recommend to make it an even better stay and add that extra touch.

1. Please add mirrors to the living room/bed area. The mirrors/mirror in the bathroom is great but when you have a few girls/women getting ready at once, the mirror(s) in the bathroom only is not enough. We kept saying that having a mirror over the desk area would have been a big help in the morning especially for drying hair and putting on make-up.

2. Breakfast: It would be great to add a bowl of granola to add to the yogurt in the morning AND at least one warm chaffing dish of eggs. The breakfast spread was great but very carbohydrate rich (Bagels, muffins, croissants, waffles, oatmeal) and due to some dietary restrictions it can make that selection limited. I think that the addition of a warm dish of eggs would take the breakfast offering to the next level and be a nice touch.

3. Creamer in the rooms. Unless I missed it, there were K-cups for coffee, hot chocolate, tea but I did not see any powdered creamer for the coffee. I did not use the in-room coffee machine but I did notice that was missing. As well, if you added a "pay per use" snacks-in-room or water/soft drinks in the fridge as a pay-per-use mini bar/snack area, that would be excellent!

Do not hesitate to stay here. It was fantastic and I WILL go back!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank julesmd1974
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you very much for the detailed review on Trip Advisor. We value all feedback and suggestions from our guests, so this is great! We loved having you visit and look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Waretown, NJ
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

For the price, you can't beat the luxury, privacy or the views. This place is total perfection. Hubby and I stayed for two nights from fri, 3/21-sun, 3/23. The weekend was so perfect that we are already planning a fall weekend back here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is a few miles from town, but it is totally worth it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased to hear you will return in the fall, it's such a beautiful time of year here in Gettsyburg. Thanks for choosing our Lodges as you vacation spot!
Syracuse
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This trip was over a weekend in March as a "get-away" with friends. The individual cabin we had was excellent for our long talks into the night and a central location from which to tour the Gettysburg area whether the battlefields or local wineries. The "very good" rating reflects some attention to detail that we felt was lacking - for example, awkward direction the bedroom door swung and the hide-a-bed couches need new cushions so that sitting on the folded bed was comfortable. (We solved this by taking the decorator pillows from the beds to sit upon.) I also tried to schedule an on-site massage at the separate spa but despite multiple calls, never received a return phone call. Regardless, it is a spot I'd return! The two queen beds were very comfortable and the bathroom shower (no tub) was well-appointed with nice towels and toiletries provided. The kitchenette area has no stove but does provide a coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, and sink/counter area with two counter stools. Some dishes and flatware was also provided. Staff were very responsive to a heating issue we encountered.

Room Tip: Cabins on top of the hill have great views of the valley area! Depending on the orientation of the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
We are so pleased to hear your "get-away" was a success! We do appreciate you feedback and have made some notes accordingly. We hope to have you back again soon!
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of a busy work week! Our lodge was the Ohio! My husband and I loved staying here! Check in and check out was quick! The room was so cozy and the king size bed comfortable! The view was breathtaking. The staff was friendly and offered their recommendations of things to do while in Gettysburg. We didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast though. Our stay was extremely pleasant and appreciated the quietness of our surroundings! Highly recommend staying here! A unique place!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Family41232
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
"Fantastic Stay!!!"….music to our ears! Thank you very much for the kind words and for choosing The Lodges at Gettysburg as your vacation spot. We are glad you enjoyed your time here in Gettysburg. Come see us again soon!
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Michigan Cabin was our home away from home this weekend. VERY large room with beamed catheral ceiling and super comfortable king size bed. Fully stocked Kitchenette & slate floored bathroom. Flat screen TV & electric fireplace. Classy. Cozy. Very Private. Covered Porch wih matching Adirondack chairs. If you're looking for something extra, this is the place. Continental Breakfast was simple, but fresh. Enough for a good start, so that you can complete the day with a delicious evening meal at an area restaurant. Worth the 10 min drive! Did I mention the view from atop the 63 acre ridge? We hope to return to enjoy view in the fall.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Denise S, SOcial Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the "Michigan Cabin" and that your stay was enjoyable. We can't wait to see you in the fall! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went here for a weekend get-away with my boyfriend and it was the best place we could have picked in Gettysburg. The cabin was very cozy and clean and the scenery is fantastic. We will definitely stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Candice W
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased you enjoyed your weekend getaway here at The Lodges at Gettysburg. Please come back and see us again soon!
Washington DC
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My sister and I spent two nights over New Year's in a Lieutenant's and really enjoyed it. I guess it's about a 10 or 15 minute drive from downtown and worth the effort. We didn't have a problem in the day but the road was a bit tough for us at night. The place was so cozy! And by that I don't mean small, we were impressed with the size of it. Loved the gas fireplace and having the kitchenette was great. Beds were really comfy. Another reviewer noted the height of the beds (not a problem for us as we are tall) and the small televisions. The not so great for me were: The couch really needed to be replaced. We spent some time playing board games and it was really uncomfortable to sit on. The heat worked well but the vent was right by the sliding door and the curtains interfered with getting the heat into the room until we tied up the curtain. The first time I took a shower, I noted some dried soap bubbles on the walls of the shower...I don't know how to clean slate and maybe the housekeeping staff doesn't either. All said, we would definitely go back, in fact we cancelled our dinner reservation for the night of the 31st and just got food to make at the lodge. When we woke up on the 1st, there were a LOT more cars around but we hadn't heard anyone coming or going or celebrating or anything. We did not do the breakfast so can't review that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are thrilled that you found The Lodges at Gettysburg a great place to relax. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your suggestions for improvement. We hope to welcome you back to the area again soon!