“Very Quiet”

The Lodges at Gettysburg
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here in June in a two bedroom cabin, The cabin was very clean and very nice. This hotel is located by off the beaten path, but once you find it , it is very easy to get to. The property was very quiet, I don't think I saw another person the two days we were there. We went back one afternoon and watched a rain storm roll in over the battlefields in the distance and it was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank loyalgamgee
Denise S, Social Media Manger at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice quiet and relaxing stay. We hope to see you again soon! Fan us on Facebook too!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We recently 7/21/12 stayed in the TX cabin I think the roads could be better paved with lots of rain there was lots of mud our car got stuck in the mud thank goodness several men helped push us out. The room was small attached to the larger cabin with very thin walls and rowdy teenagers next door. No where to place any belongings and with all the mud difficult to keep items off floor. The breakfast i payed extra for when i arrived i was told it was part of the room? The breakfast was terrible lukewarm coffee and juice. The small "porch" off room should have railings with the back of cabin facing quite a drop off a step in wrong direction could be quite a fall.

Room Tip: No pool no vending machines for snacks just soda and water. Definetly choose the Captains lodges or...
1  Thank angel o
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The lodges are very nice, spacious, very close to the battlefield and town, but you feel like your 50+ miles into farmland=very peaceful and relaxing. We've been to Gettysburg a dozen times it seems like, and we've stayed in the cheapest to the nicest motels to hotels, and this is the place we'll come back to from now on. Staff were very friendly, and accommodating.

Room Tip: Be careful where you park as the designated parking areas can get kinda slippery when it rains. We...
1  Thank 617ScottM
Management response:Responded July 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the positive feedback about our property in comparison to others. Your room tip was a good one too! Come back again soon and make sure you Fan us on Facebook too!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at the Lousiana Lodge. Nice 1 bedroom lodge with 2 queen beds in the room and 1 pull out couch. The breakfeast is great. We had a great time in this beautiful lodge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dhunt09
Denise S, Social Media Manger at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thanks for choosing The Lodges at Gettysburg for you stay! We are glad you had a nice stay in the "Louisiana Lodge"! Please Fan us on Facebook too and come back soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had a lovely stay. I've only positive feedback for this terrific place, away from the hustle of Gettysburg proper. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the pond, and its wildlife, the views and the song chorus of animals. Okay, its our kinda place. If quite and nature appeal, this place will appeal.

The Lieutenant's cabin was clean, well stocked, comfortable (and we prepared for it by bringing our own wine, breakfasts, and out own coffee grounds).

I am from the North, however, and we don't use A/C. So I would only recommend screens on the windows and doors so that nature breezes could come in. But that is such a minor absence of commodity (even if highly recommended).

Room Tip: Stay two days for maximum pleasure (heck I wished I'd had four, as this is a fine place relaxin...
2  Thank Janet S
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for the great review! WE pride ourselves in trying to make each guest experience as memorable and perfect as possible! We are glad you enjoyed your time here with us at The Lodges at Gettysburg, 'Like' us on Facebook too!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this place on Hotels.com and thought it would be nice to stay out of the city. The room description said “Room Only” and not being sure what this meant I contacted the hotel directly. I was told this was a PRIVATE lodge and that “Room Only” just meant there was no kitchenette. When I enquired if there was a patio or porch we could sit out on I was told yes, there was. Sounds great, right? So I booked the room. When we arrived I was informed that our ATTACHED room (therefore not private) was on the service road with a STOOP (not patio or balcony). So let’s recap… Tiny cracker box sized room attached to another room with 4 people in it and paper thin walls. No porch or patio as promised. View of absolutely nothing. Absolutely nothing was done to remedy the situation after I explained all of this to the guy who checked us in. Just “Sorry, don’t know who told you that…here’s your room key.” BEWARE, these people lie. So if you’re booking a room based on the description, just be warned.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank mrw1970
Denise S, General Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

I am truly upset to be reading this review, as all of our front desk associates are fully trained in our room types and what is included in them. In researching your reservation, I cannot find any indication that the reservation was viewed prior to your arrival. Our system tracks each time a reservation is opened and who opened it. I am not sure with whom you spoke, but I am sorry that there was some type of misunderstanding regarding your room amenities. We have an extremely honest and caring staff and they would never try to say that you were getting something that you were not. We did try to upgrade you upon arrival, however, we did express that we were sold out that particular day and unfortunately could not move your reservation to a private lodge. Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and if we had the room to move you, we would have. We offered our front porches at the main lodge and tried to make your stay a good one. I am very disappointed that you feel the way you do about the Lodges and I am sorry that we failed to provide you with the room you thought you were promised. I hope that you can consider giving us a try again, as what you experienced was not the norm for our property. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that I can understand where the problem was in the reservation process.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at the Lodges at GB during the annual reenactment. It is a nice place with gorgeous views and nice rooms. When we reserved only a queen room by mistake, they brought a very comfy and thick pallet for my son. He slept well. Thank you!

We had no Internet the entire time. When I called the front desk about it, I got some attitude. They said the tech people would look into it, but no one did. Didn't have a connection through our entire stay. We only stayed two nights or I would have pushed it more.

There's only one lamp in the room and it does not have an on/off switch. Must be unplugged to turn off. Required me to get completely out of bed just to turn on the lamp. TV is tiny. Not a lot of counter space for stuff. A desk would be nice. Huge fluffy towels! Nice! Great in-town recommendations for dining and helpful maps. We did believe that we would be able to see monuments or battlefields, but the hotel is really not part of all that. A/C works very well.

I docked them a lot for no Internet. It's a big deal to me. And they were not too concerned with helping. Otherwise, nice place.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank ajenks22
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our views and your accommodations. Thanks you for the feedback and suggestions. We are always working hard to make sure everyone has a wonderful stay and will continually make improvements int he areas that are needed. Thanks again and FAN us on Facebook too!