“Awesome Food!!!”

Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I met my daughter in Gettysburg for dinner and to wander the town. We had dinner at the Garryowen Irish Pub on Chambersburg St. It's a small quirky little restaurant with a great menu. They have traditional Irish fair with a bit of twist. I had the scallops with the finger potatoes and my daughter had the strip steak. We both really enjoyed our meals. The meals were flavorful, the service was quick and friendly. I will definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for drinks Thurs and ultimately later dinned there . Our waitress Ann turned me on to a nice Irish Whiskey & found a tasty beer for my Wife. Decided to eat dinner. Irish nachos followed sea scallops in a nice cream sauce with asparagus. Pleasantly surprised. Actually best evening meal we had in 3 evenings. If we go back to Gettysburg I'm the future, would head Bach to the GO Pub in a New York Minute!!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We love eating at local places and this is a must! We were told our wait was going to be 40 minutes but they actually sat us more quickly. The food was fresh and hot. The servers were friendly and knowledgable! I will definitely go back and you should too!

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food! I had the Garryowen burger with onion rings and my husband had the beef stew. Lots of atmosphere and a great upstairs bartender.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Garryowen pub for dinner the first night we were in Gettysburg. We had the Shepard's pie and it was delicious! The pub was set up beautiful and decorated really nice. We would go back. Price was excellent as well.

Been to Garryowen Irish Pub? Share your experiences!