“Great Bar! Great atmosphere. ”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Great Bar! Great atmosphere. ”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed many a fine Irish brew, at this friendly, hometown feeling bar. It felt like a working class bar where you can easily strike up a conversation with the strangers sitting next to you, which is what I did to my great enjoyment. Of course I don't remember anything that was said...... All the better.

I do remember the great food, we got the Thia coconut muscles with 4 orders of bread. Yes you need 4 orders to soak up all the delicious juice. Fantastic!

The bartender was also very friendly, and made the food suggestion that we went with.

New York
“Doesn't look like much from the outside but...”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We went in there for lunch on the recommendation from a local. Normally, I wouldn't have gone in since it doesn't look like much from the outside. I ordered the Ruben sandwich and a side salad with Irish blue cheese dressing. Everything was delicious!!! The blue cheese dressing is delightfully tangy! You've gotta try it! My husband and son had the pastrami sandwich was on special and loved it. The fries were even outstanding! My daughter had a chicken sandwich which was very good too!

Ohio
“Food Good, But Wait Time Long”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Came here on a Monday evening and the place was packed. We had a forty five minute wait. The place was cramped and there was no place to sit so we waited outside on a bench. That being said, the food was really good. I had the fish and chips. My husband had the bangers and mash. Our waitress seemed overly busy and with the small space we felt a little cramped. If you enjoy pub settings, you will enjoy the Garryowen.

• Visited July 2014
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Unique if somewhat heavy food”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Of course this is a pub first and foremost with some excellent Irish beers on tap. The food was well cooked and the portions were generous. The mixed Ulster Grill had some of the best sausage and pork chop I have ever had.

Visited July 2014
Centerville, Ohio
“Decent”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Okay, gluten-free menus should not just be items that say: remove the bun from the sandwiches on these items. That's not quite what people are looking for. Having a gluten-free bun available would be closer to the mark.
That being said, the meal was good, but nothing that made my tastebuds sing. I thought it was just a little overpriced, but not bad at all.
The waiter was very nice and friendly.
However, it was so loud in there that I literally could not discern what my husband was trying to say to me from across a two-foot table.

• Visited July 2014