“good food in a fun, historic pub”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

we had dinner with friends recently and this pub had very good food, was a good value, and the historic setting was made fun by a really friendly staff.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good food, good atmosphere, and reasonably priced. Don't expect gourmet, but very good pub food. I had their shepherd's pie and it was very good.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I went here for dinner for the first time with my family, and waited about half an hour for the four of us. Understandably so since we did not have reservations, however it was a Thursday so I am not sure the excuse for the extremely slow service. The Bartender was very attentive and quick, however when we were seated our waitress let our drinks run dry and our appetizers took about 20 minutes and our food another 40? I can empathize with a slow night in the kitchen, however our waitress was quite stone-faced and neglectful. Advice- make reservations, and allow yourself some time if you're going to eat here.

1  Thank Clover837
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The interior of the building looks pretty old and authentic...whether it is or not, I can't say, but it looks that way at least. We stopped in for lunch after our Battlefield tour. I had the bangers and mash - it was delicious! I wish I could eat it again! My husband ordered the jalapeno cheeseburger with onion rings. He said the burger was good, but not the best he'd ever had. The onion rings were pretty good though - not too oily, crunchy, and tasted fresh. The waitress was attentive, but could have been a bit more friendly and the prices seemed a bit high for they type of food. Also, of note: The bar is not wheelchair friendly - there are stairs into the restaurant and everything is a bit narrow.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent.Beer was cold. It's as bit lacking on decor it's a tiny bit of a dive...but it was one of the best times I have had on a Friday night. Service was speedy.

Been to Garryowen Irish Pub? Share your experiences!