“Great place”

Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Good Irish pub décor and looks authentic. We ate here on a Friday night and the place was full. We had great service and the food was really good. Had a dozen oysters, for $12.50, with a peat type of cocktail sauce, that was a nice touch. The portion of fish and chips was huge. My wife got the Sheppard's Pie and loved it. They have a massive menu of Irish Whiskey's for the enthusiast and a big selection of Irish draft beers. They have a varied food selection on the menu and I would go back here again to try another meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

A welcome refuge on a cold Autumn afternoon, the service here was great as was the food. We started with Garlic Home Made Chips that were delicious. This was followed by the main meal of Shepherd's Pie which was huge but it was the best Shepherd's Pie I have ever tasted, even in Ireland - the meat melted in my mouth. My daughter and son-in-law had Guinness Beef Stew and Bangers and Mash. All of the food was delicious and the servings were more than ample. A great Irish atmosphere - definitely a place to dine and enjoy yourself while you relax out of the cold of Gettysburg. Congratulations to Kevin and Joanne - a great place.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This place is so quaint, and the food was amazing! Everyone in our party tried something different and it was all yummy. Highly recommend, kid friendly, a great place!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We Love this Pub/restaurant! On our visit to Gettysburg last spring we ate here 3 days in a row! Everything we ate was exactly as it would be served in Ireland. My husband and I love to travel and the UK is our favorite and when enjoying some of the best Irish food, I swear if you never looked out of the window a diner would never know you were not sitting in a local pub in Ireland. We tried the gambit of menu offers and each was better than the last. With a properly poured Guinness and live music it made for a PERFECT evening out. X's 3! I hope on our return to once again have a bit of Ireland in Gettysburg.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

1. 12 year old sitting at bar with parents drinking a soda (it is an Irish Pub). Thought that was illegal in the state of PA (18 years or older at the bar).
2. Service was mediocre---our server was more attentive to the larger tables than the two of us.
3. Onion Soup while excellent flavor was luke-warm...would have sent back--but our server was not very attentive.
4. Ordered Irish Burger medium...it was well done...see #2 why I did not send back.
5. Shephard's Pie was excellent.
6. Would have loved to have another round of drinks...have my favorite beer (Kilkenny)..see #2.
7. Great atmosphere.

Been to Garryowen Irish Pub? Share your experiences!