“Friendly and fun!”

Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Typical Irish pub with friendly atmosphere. Large bar and cozy restaurant area. Traditional and delicious pub food. Only a short walk from the town square in Gettysburg.

There are newer reviews for Garryowen Irish Pub

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a great place to grab a beer. The prices are reasonable and the stuff on the walls will keep you captivated if you are sitting at the bar!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great menu - decent prices but the best thing is the sense of history. It was our first stop in town. It really set the tone for our little trip. OH! If you LOVE garlic - get the garlic chips. HOLY COW!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by the lady working the front of our hotel. We have a 'core group' of go-to restaurants we always go to in Gettysburg, and wanted to branch out and try something else. This was the first suggestion out of the desk clerk's mouth. I ordered the Scotch eggs-again, her recommendation. I'd never had them before. They were plated well, and were just merely ok. Another in our group had the salmon bruschetta, which was delicious-and I don't really care for salmon. I had the fish and chips, and they were slightly above average, I've had better and worse, and two in our party had the Shepherd's Pie. It was a 4/5, probably the 2nd or 3rd best I've ever had. My girlfriend had the BBQ Sandwich, which surprisingly was the best thing I tasted there, and was absolutely delicious. All in all, I'm glad I went, and I will go back, but it wasn't a legendary eating experience. I will definitely be having the BBQ pulled pork sandwich when I return, as it was phenomenal, the rest of the meal was nothing extraordinary.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Only has 12 tables so therefore calling ahead whoever gives you misleading information on how long one must wait for a table. 1 1/2 hours was not worth the wait! There is a large bar waiting area upstairs..Check including tip was $55/couple. Bar prices are OK. $6 up for shot Irish Whiskey; $4 for Guinness Draft. Decent ground beef entrees cooked in Guinness, Otherwise it's ordinary Bar Food. Crab Bisque was Outstanding! Maryland Lump crab cake sandwich did not merit the name at $15.95. Irish Nachos were very tasty! Dark Irish pub atmosphere was more authentic than the Shepherds Pie or Soda bread. Lamb was noticeably absent from the menu.Kind of reinforced that the Irish and English are not among the best restaurateurs with their bangers and boiled meats. Our server was attentive once we were finally seated.