“A nice little dining experience.”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The restaurant isn't all that big but I imagine it has about a dozen table overall. It looked like it was probably two homes at one time, then some of the walls were removed to make one larger building. The bar appeared fun but we ate in the other room. I ordered the fish and chips. Obviously not pre-packaged, it was good if not the best I've ever had. My wife chose the Guiness Beef Stew. It looked so good, I had to try it for myself. Not thinking I'd care for it but I did. For dessert I had some sort of chocolate tort. Excellent. The server recommended a beer from nearby York, Pa. called "Liquid Hero". An American Ale. Enjoyed it so much, I had two. I see some people claimed the service was slow. We didn't experience that. Overall, a good experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,777)

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here our first night in Gettysburg. I selected this place because of its high rating on TripAdvisor. We sat at the bar and ordered a few beers. We like to get local beers and had a couple of the Yards' IPA's. We also split a whiskey sausage sandwich. The service was friendly and accommodating despite the busy bar.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I was really expecting a lot more after reading the reviews. The food was delicious, however the service really lacked. I went around 2 on a Friday for lunch. We placed drink orders and waited 20 minutes, not a big deal except both waitresses thought the other had our table so basically we waited way more during our entire visit than we should have. I'll go back, and maybe next time will be better :)

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Ate here after told by a local it was her favorite. The Gaelic shrimp was one of the best restaurant meals I've had this year. The sauce was so good I wanted to luck the bowl. The bread pudding was made from Irish soda bread and had a wonderful caramel sauce. I wanted more. Hey there is whiskey and Guinness but after a top meal who cared?

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Guinness was good, has feel of an Irish pub back in Ireland vs the corporate UK style.
Food was good, value was great, located in heart of Gettysburg. Value is very good. Service was on slow side but we got in 6.00 on a Sunday, so maybe not perfect time.
Bar was full of locals and tourists, it is a popular and friendly spot. Would go here more than Dobbin House.

Been to Garryowen Irish Pub? Share your experiences!