“Great food, great service, wish they had domestic beer on tap.”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife likes Irish Pubs, (Not sure why as she does not drink beer) so while visiting Gettysburg, we stopped in here to eat lunch. I will make this short. The food was great, the atmosphere was great, and the service was great. My only complaint was that they had about 20 beers on tap, but none of them were domestic. I don’t care for dark or heavy beers. I know this is an Irish pub, but we are not in Ireland. I can only assume that they are above serving domestic tap beer, which means they are looking down their nose at the likes of me. Again, I know this is an Irish pub but why ignore people like me. But on the bright side, they did have bottled domestic beer which I ordered and it was served ice cold like I like it.
So if you’re an Irish beer lover, you’re probably thinking what an idiot I am, but to the owners, there are a lot of idiots like me out there that you’re blowing off. Just Saying!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Friendly staff & great menu! We loved the scallops, the beer selection, desserts, and dinner specials. We had two dinners and a lunch in three days-best place in town for really good food!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Enjoyable lunch. The Grilled Scallop Salad was very good. The scallops were cooked just right and the salad was good size for lunch. My husband enjoyed the Irish Onion Soup made with Guiness. The staff was very pleasant and we enjoyed the old pub atmosphere.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were there on a Saturday afternoon. Our server was very nice and attentive with a big smile. The food was good! Not a fine dining experience but very good lunch. The salads were fresh and the soda bread was tasty. My husband really liked his jalapeno burger and my friends husband liked his fish and chips. My chicken and vegtable soup was robust and good, the vegetables were not mushy at all. We had a great time and I think it was a good value. I also liked the ambiance, very comfortable. Most importantly, the Guinness was divine!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This pub was recommended to us by our hotel staff. I must admit, it did not look that inviting when we drove up. You have to feed a meter on the street for parking. However, one look inside the door told me it looked good. Very nice decorations and impressive woodwork. For food, I had the Irish stew and it was AWESOME! Went perfectly with my Harp draft! My wife had the bangers and mash and she said it was good also. My boys both had burgers and there were no complaints. The portions were huge! The waitress was friendly and attentive. My only complaint was that the food took a really long time to be served. That gave us time to sip our drinks and enjoy the ambiance. I bet this is a great place to hang out with some friends after work. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Gettysburg.