“New love for Irish food!”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“New love for Irish food!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was recommended by a local shop owner. I'd heard of Bangers & Mash on Food Channel so had to give it a shot. It's my new favorite! Shepherd's Pie was also amazing. Definately not fast food, took a while to come out of kitchen but boy was it worth the wait! Decor was awesome. Looked at all the historic pictures on the walls. Hope they ship orders all the way to Wisconsin!

• Visited January 2013

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent. Every Time.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

What I liked? Everything
What I disliked? Nothing!

The people are great! Down to earth, friendly, helpful, always on top of everything. So nice!

The food is great! Steak, Wings, Fish and Chips, Beef Stew, Bisque, Gaelic (aka Garlic) Shrimp. AWESOME!

The atmosphere is great! Friendly pub atmosphere. Feels good.

The only concern for some folks is that it can get noisy at times, including bands playing on Fri and Sat night. Usually awesome bands, but just a warning if you're going to talk or have trouble hearing, it's a louder place.

We love it! Great Everything!

Visited February 2013
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
“One of My Favorites!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm a local and Garryowen Irish Pub is one of my favorite places to go. My fiance and I love to go there for a date night or when we're in the area to grab a drink. My friends and I love going there for the friendly and fast service and also for the bands that they sometimes have on Saturday nights. It's a very chill bar/pub so obviously don't expect a "club" atmosphere. Their fish and chips are amazing!! In the summer they have a beer garden, which is nice. They also added an upstairs which is also awesome. We went here on St. Patty's day and had an amazing time, however it was packed, especially because Gettysburg is a college town. The bartenders are kind, fast, and friendly. Definitely recommend!

• Visited February 2013
Newchester, PA
“Excellent food/service!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After the Irish session today, I tried one of the specials, Irish Coddle, and was blown away. This is an amazingly tasty stew. Not being on the regular menu, I'll need to wait until it comes up again as a special. Topped it off with Apple/Bacon pie a la mode which was just great. And the staff looked and acted like they really enjoyed their job and my business. What a great restaurant/pub. My compliments to the owners and their staff.

• Visited February 2013
Saratoga Springs NY
“Has That Old Irish Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have traveled extensively in the British Isles and Ireland and it's very difficult to find a pub/restaurant in North America that gives you the same atmosphere of the Old Country. But Garry owens does it, with the old building, the basic furniture, the warm interior and the excellent authentic food. My Guiness Stout stew was just like the ones I've had in Britain/Ireland. Server was jovial and helpful and it was a satisfying dining experience.

• Visited January 2013