“Love this Pub”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
philadelphia
“Love this Pub”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had dinner at this pub on a Saturday evening. We arrived around 6pm and were immediately seated. The food and service were very good. I had a reuben sandwich. Others at our table had traditional Irish entrees. Everyone agreed the food was tasty. The atmosphere is what you would expect of a Irish pub. I would go back if ever in Gettysburg again.

1 Thank rg2000

Gettysburg, PA
“Unexpectedly delighted”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've been living in G'burg for 5 years now and have rarely broken away from The Dobbin House or Friendly's given our mood. It's a shame because neither are top billing, IMHO. We went to this Irish place for lunch yesterday based on the reviews here and I believe it's our new favorite! The staff was prompt and friendly, the atmosphere was laid back and relaxing, but the food - really amazing! I got the BLT which was the least appealing of the trio only because I was expecting crisp bacon but got their more ham-like rendition of bacon. But the Sherpards Pie was unbelievable... with a very smokey aroma and flavor. Food can be so bland, and then you go to a restaurant like this where flavor is just somehow infused into the food and you wonder how they did it. The 'Wee Bit" of fish and chips was equally praised, although I didn't get a chance to try that.... maybe next time! There will definitely be a next time.

1 Thank Intrinsicat
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“GOOD FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We were there on a night there was no scheduled entertainment, but just like in Ireland, a gentleman picked up a guitar and started singing!! Soon there was lots of entertainment! What a treat!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank suzannemosch
“Best I've had in a long time!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Being from Ireland myself, I know real Irish food. America, among many other countries housing countless Irish pubs, does not understand what Irish is. So, I was rather hesitant to try this pub.
Upon walking in, I was greeted by a warm and welcoming environment. It had the feel of an old pub back home. The lovely little hostess welcomed us with a warm hello. She looked like she was straight of the boat from Ireland. My husband and myself took a seat at the worn mahogany bar, as suggested by the hostess because the wait was long. We both ordered a pint of Guinness and a meal. I ordered the shepards pie, and him the ulster fry. Not expecting much really. The lovely bartender seemed happy to be there. When the food arrived we were pleased with the beautiful presentation. But the food was the best Irish food I have had outside of the UK, without a doubt. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND! NOT A FAKE IRISH PUB!

1 Thank therareouldtimes
simplify4y@ymail.com
“Fun Irish Pub”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great staff, interesting beer and the food was good. I had the Irish stew, which was fine and my date had a veggie burger. Both good. Fun beer to choose from. In center of town. Get there early as the wait can be over an hour.

2 Thank Travelinghounds