“Fun but needs improvement”

Lincoln's Lost Treasure
Ranked #53 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lincoln’s Lost Treasure is a LIVE two and a half hour adventure across the streets of historic Downtown Gettysburg. Almost like stepping into your own action movie, groups of up to 6 or 8 people are sent on an thrilling and entertaining quest to uncover a lost secret sparked by President Lincoln’s final breath. Aided by a few historical artifacts, you are sent off to piece together hidden clues that can unravel the location to treasury gold that has been lost for over a century. Encountering eccentric and engaging cast members, decoding cryptic clues, and dodging FBI agents out to foil your mission, You and friends traverse the city’s famous streets, hidden shops and historical landmarks discovering that Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address holds the key to a national treasure.Shows Saturdays & Sundays
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The overall experience was good however my wife and I felt the story needs some work. We've done a few of these types of adventures in NYC and felt that Lincoln's Lost Treasure fell short of a good ending. We had a great time with our group especially since we took it to another level by dodging someone we thought was a tail however I'd like the creators behind the story to maybe tweak it a bit more for a more fulfilling end.

2  Thank Alex S

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family thoroughly enjoyed this experience! All three of our children ages 7, 11, 13 loved it. The characters along the way were great and convincing. I would highly recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Nicole Y
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I'll admit that I was a little skeptical when my wife first mentioned doing this, as I thought our time (and money) might be better spent elsewhere. Still, I went along with it because she loves these kinds of things and she really wanted to do it. I'm so glad I did! By design, everything seems rather cryptic and uncertain from the very beginning, but that simply adds to the overall experience. We teamed up with another family to unravel the mystery, clue by clue. We met some delightful townspeople and characters along the way, but we never quite knew whom to trust, and who might be a double-agent trying to throw us off track! I must say that the characters were well-played and very believable. Our kids (ages 10 and 7) had a blast, as did we. Come to think of it, now that we're home from vacation and telling folks about what all we did, I think we've spent more time talking about Lincoln's Lost Treasure than any other single activity we did in D.C., Hershey, or Baltimore. I would highly recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lincoln's Lost Treasure is a really creative and entertaining activity for all ages. Our kids 11 and 12 loved it. We were paired with another family with children similar in age and the kids just ran with the concept and had a blast. We encountered several fun and engaging characters along the way that the kids just loved. The best part is that after a little while they started to believe they were part of a real treasure hunt. I don't want to give too much away, but the planning and storyline is really detailed and keeps you going from one venue to the next. You need to pay attention and follow the directions given at each location. The kids really took their time figuring out the clues and followed the directions of the actors very well. Our favorite character was Victor and his pet Oscar. Be sure to wear good walking shoes and bring a bottle of water. At one stop there are refreshments, but water is still a good idea especially in the summer heat. Have fun and good luck.

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Yes, I titled this "Best of Gettysburg" because it honestly IS! I've to Gettysburg several times and each time I try to do something different. THIS time I read about "Lincoln's Lost Treasure" and knew immediately we HAD to try it. This is a FANTASTIC family bonding experience during which EVERY person plays a part. Before I forget, here is the most important suggestion that the company offers----wear comfortable shoes!! DO IT! You'll be on your feet a lot, no getting out of that. I don't want to tell you too much because I really, really want you to enjoy it when YOU do it--and you really MUSt, you know! Basically, you are visiting different places to get your clues and to find out where you go next. Like one other reviewer said, "You HAVE to pay attention!!" That goes for everything you see and hear and everyplace you go. Fire up those brain cells! Oh, and bring a tissue because you'll be laughing your sides off! I never experienced anything quite like this and I must say, it's one of the best adventures I've ever had! Gettysburg is always educational and interesting but "Lincoln's Lost Treasure" is FUN, FUN, FUN!! DO NOT MISS THIS!!

2  Thank blankie