“Victorian Death Photos”

International Museum of Spiritual Investigations
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: The International Museum of Spiritual Investigations (IMSI) is a 501c3 Non-Profit Museum that has 15 years of experience in the ghost tracking world and has been in operation for 2 years. The museum was developed to educate, preserve, and facilitate spiritual investigations history, methodology, and evidence and present this to the public .Since the doors have opened the team has provided several hundred workshops and educational investigations as well as thousands of exhibitions.
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have been chatting with the hostess's and host's for over a year and finally had the chance to get back to Gettysburg. My first trip began with an interest in family history. I wanted to see where my gr gr gr uncles fought. I took a lot of pictures and one had an image of the little girl looking out a window at me. I sent it to IMSI and they put it through a program and found that I did have something. This photo hangs in their museum a long with many other interesting photos. My group I am in did an investigation their recently and have come away with "We don't know how to explain it" video footage. Even IMSI are stumped.
They are all informative, helpful with questions and when I asked about the wall with the label Victorian Death Photos, Brandy began explaining them to me and I learned a lot. I never knew they painted eyes on the closed lids to make it appear they are looking at you and etc.
I am sure they will add to their museum, they have a lot there already and great history fills this building. It's a definite stop in and must see. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
If you go onto their web site and call them you can get to investigate the museum if the night you want is available.

Ruthi

5  Thank Ruthi W

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Had a terrific time with my daughter doing the investigation. I was very skeptical going into the evening. The one thing we did find was fun. I've been on ghosts walks. This was different and more fun.

3  Thank Homeshp69
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Not only did we visit the museum, but we also signed up for an private investigation at the Battlefield B&B. We had a wonderful time! My husband, the biggest skeptic was very impressed with the evidence at the Battlefield B&B. We spent hours at the museum, and went back a second time to check it out one more time. We were vacationing with another couple, and our adult daughter who enjoyed herself just as much as we did! I can't wait to go back. It will be the first place we visit!

4  Thank SLHalm
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This museum is a MUST for anyone interested in the paranormal. There must be hundreds of ghost tours/walks/investigations/ghost hunts in Gettysburg (tons of places willing to take your money), but this is the one place you can really count on. They can give you a history of the hauntings of Gettysburg and point you in the right direction for what kind of tour or "ghost hunt" you are looking for. They have a collection of evidence of paranormal activity from all over the world including a video their investigators got of an orb turning into a full bodied apparition that made my hair stand on end. The people there are so helpful and nice, they will answer any questions and take time to explain anything. They even have their own investigations in the museum at night and will cater to your own level of experience, offering as much help as you want and teaching you how to use a vast array of equipment.
The price for admission is VERY CHEAP and they even sell some equipment for the beginning "investigator".
This is a wonderful place run by wonderful people who act as educators and tour guides to anyone interested in the paranormal. Even if someone doesn't want to believe in ghosts it is well worth stopping in and seeing all of the photos! You won't be disappointed.

4  Thank tannst