“Unwelcoming Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Granite Hill Camping Resort
Gillett
“Unwelcoming Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We booked the Granite Hill B&B 3 months in advance because friends of ours were staying at the campground & we didn't feel like camping. I had a coupon for book 2 nights & get the 3rd free which they would NOT honor since it was memorial day. No big deal but it didn't have any exceptions listed on the coupon. We told them we had a child & needed a room for 3. The day before we were to arrive, a woman called to ask how old our child was. We told her 10 & she said that children were not allowed at the b&b. Okay. Since they forgot to tell us, she would allow it. However, we needed to bring a sleeping bag since there was no extra bed. And since there were antiques we needed to watch our child carefully. I was IRATE!!! I told her that I used to own a bed & breakfast for 3 years & thought that I could handle that. I don't remember ever calling one of my guests in advance to tell them they weren't really welcomed but I would allow it because I screwed up. So here is the clincher!!! We get there. It was nice but there were no antiques or anything prescious. And There was NO OTHER GUESTS but us. And we still had to sleep on the floor. Why the heck couldn't I use my coupon? no one else was knocking the door down. And When I had the B&B if I had 3 to a room & my other rooms weren't booked, I always let them have a 2nd room. That is how you get repeat guests. I doubt if these guys will get repeat guests.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Mommacassy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)