Granite Hill Camping Resort
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$123
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$132
$116
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$136
Days Inn by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$101
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$177
QualityInn
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$156
$239
$209
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbluegrass festivaloffice staffcamp storeminiature golflarge campgroundtheme weekendsping ponglevel siteshighly recommend this campgroundtent campingevents goingclean campgroundhot waterholiday weekenddog parkgreat campgroundgreat weekend
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a very last minute trip. Everyone here were very nice and helpful! There's plenty to do and its a beautiful place. We have a tent site and were impressed with how many shady areas there are to camp in. We will definitely come back and bring the kids!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights during our trip to Gettysburg. First thing was our electricity went off as they don't have enough amps etc. the roads are awful and we had to pay for 4 days when we only could stay 3 just to get a campsite. They are taking advantage of the time of year to gouge more money. The whole place needs improvements but they are not willing to spend any money on their business obviously. We won't stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Janice0826
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have camped here before and will never do it again! When we arrived at the campground the rate was raised considerably from the time when we booked. We were told "the owners found out other places were charging a lot more so they upped the price." That is not right. Once a reservation and a non refundable deposit has been made, under no circumstances should the rates increase, especially with no notification whatsoever! We are a military family. The site says 10% military discount (except holidays) we stayed a week and were given no discount. Was told that "the owners said no discounts this week". I can understand not giving a discount for a day but for an entire week? We were not told previously that it would be blacked out. Seems to me that there is some major greed going on here!

On top of that nonsense, the bathhouse was disgusting! I know its rough to keep them spotless but seeing the same spider in the same place with its happy little egg sack every day shows lack of effort. Seeing the same mold in the shower 2 days after using said shower is disheartening. This caused me to look at the bathroom cleanup log they have. I looked before 7pm. It was already filled out for 7pm and 8pm. That to me, is pure laziness and disrespect.

Like others have said, some showers were scalding with no ability to change the temp. Some were freezing cold no matter how long you waited. Some showers you pushed the button once some showers I had to hit the button 3 times while shaving 1 armpit (and its not because i'm hairy!)

I'm very disappointed and have told everyone that I know to never camp there. From now on "Little Drummer Boy" and "Gettysburg Campground" will be getting my business. Even if they charge more, they haven't cheated me, cost me money, and disgusted me. I will be contacting the State Attorney Generals office about their bad business practice. We have a copy of the email stating our original balance!

3  Thank Stacey C
Reviewed July 11, 2013

we stayed at granite hill for a full week on site B12 the site has not shade. had to move my truck so the people on site B11 could get in and set up there site, the camp ground is very pretty . the maintenance on the other hand was not very good some of the maintenance staff were very very rude when you work with the public you need to be a little smarter than the wood your droping off.at $62 dollars a night for camping .I would expect better bathrooms. I don't pay $62 a night at Disney. it was the 150 th Gettysburg reenactment and the acted like there was nothing going on in town . it was the 4 th of july weekend and they had some lame DJ playing music. come on for the money the people were paying you could have done a better job. I would not stay at this camp ground again. Gary .B ST AUGUSTINE FLORIDA

Room Tip: back of camp ground is quieter
4  Thank singledad37
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ditto to the other reviewers... There are other places in the area, keep going! This place is not worth the money!! Not only am I not coming back, but I am warning all my friends to stay away!

We booked a tent site for the required minimum of 4 days. We felt like we were being gouged all the way... from the increased price since booking (without warning), to a FEE for arriving 30 minutes early, $8 for firewood ($4 in town), etc. They wouldn't let our family set up camp early without a fee, then let our neighbors come in at 9:45pm, who then stayed up until 1:00am getting settled. On the day we left, they sent new people to our site at 8:30 am.

To get to our site we had to drive down a deeply rutted, muddy, root filled, rock studded, branch covered "road." There was no flat site spot for a tent. There was NOT EVEN a fire ring. Just a picnic table. It was so muddy it was difficult to walk. The mud spread into cars and tent. We feared for branches falling on our tents on one windy night (we could see them from below).

Others have commented on the bathrooms... We found these fairly typical, ie. showers covered in hair, etc. But the bigger complaint was that the water comes on in 30 second spurts, or you have to keep one hand on the faucet the whole time. The water had such a smell to it my kids balked at having to shower there.

I was also disappointed to see so much garbage on the kid's playgrounds and the dirt and debris in the pool.

Though the staff smiled, we did not find them friendly. It was more like, "Sorry Sucker, you agreed to this when you booked your reservation."

2  Thank Cheryl7877