Granite Hill Camping Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Gettysburg
See available hotels
View Hotel
Liberty Mountain Resort(Carroll Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewsbluegrass festivaloffice staffcamp storeminiature golflarge campgroundtheme weekendsping ponglevel siteshighly recommend this campgroundevents goingclean campgroundhot waterholiday weekenddog parkgreat campgroundgreat weekendbingo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We just had a rally at Granite Hill Resort Campground and the staff bent over backwards to give us a wonderful time. They fixed several meals for us and we didn't have to clean up afterwards and to me that is a big deal. The camprgound is close enough to do the touristy things in Gettysburg. I would go back there again with a group or without a group. Thank you all for a wonderful time.
Sue Richardson

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here because all the other campgrounds were full. I am glad we got a chance to stay here. The sites were quite large and they had lots of activities for the kids. It is one of the few campgrounds that has a full size miniature golf coarse and a tennis court. One of the nicer amenities is that they have a van that picks you up from the campground and takes you to town to do the historic tours. This is actually very handy as parking is a premium in town. We did get to stop at a few other campgrounds dropping off other passengers from the tours and I was most impressed when we pulled into Granite Hill. Other pluses was there was a free ghost hunt on the property. Minuses, the lake is leaking and the boating and fishing are not good. They could improve by adding more full hook up sites for big rigs. They certainly have the space.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AVG_New_Yorker
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have been camping at Granite Hill since I was a kid, and loved it. Now my family and I camp there and still love it. Chris & Ann are the best!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I visit Granite Hill every August for the Bluegrass Festival. We camp every year at a State Park for our summer vacation and yet always look forward to the long weekend at Granite Hill! The amenities are great for the little one's in our family and the atmosphere is great for adults! Chris and his staff are always very courteous and extremely helpful! We also have rented a cabin for a weekend in the fall and it is an amazing experience! We really love the place and look forward to visiting for years to come!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I first was introduced to this campground in May of 2010 when I brought my 22' camper down from Maine to experience the Bluegrass Festival. I have since been there for another Bluegrass Festival in May of 2011 and am planning on May of 2012's festival!

On my first trip, prior to arriving, I knew what type of site I needed/wanted and was provided exactly what I asked for! I honestly didn't worry about the price, because the festival had so many top performers that the prices were far less than what seeing each one individually would have cost in the long run! Four full days of music for that money was a GREAT bargain!!

The second year, I asked for the same sight and ended up with it, but was offered many other types of sights and a 'driveby' in the golf cart when I got there to see if I might want to switch to something that I might like better. The conversation I had on the phone while making reservations was lengthy and I felt staff worked hard to make sure I was happy and had a sight that was the best they could provide for me.

When we arrived at the campsight, we were greeted by staffers who were more than happy to answer our 100 questions and make sure we had the information we wanted/needed.
During our stay, we also had positive experiences with all of whom we had to interact with .

The pool was not open during either May years..but we don't like to swim, so we didn't care.

We ate food from the vendors provided for the festival or cooked our own and bought some lovely rib eyes and fresh eggs from a farm just down the street that were absolutely out of this world! At times we ventured into Gettysburg and tried out some restuarants during our 9 day stay. The reviews from staff about different restaurants before we tried them out were spot on.

We contracted to have our septic pumped out with the new honeypot and loved that we could just pay the $10 and not have to deal with this before we drove back to Maine!
Our site was quiet, clean..a bit rocky (and I would love to see it graded for my 2012 visit --which is already reserved and paid for!)--relaxing..close to the showers and close to the stage.
The music was awesome and again..a terrific value for the top notch bands and 4 days of music morning/noon and night!
I have never camped here except for the Bluegrass Festival, but I can't imagine having an unexceptable time there as my purpose for camping is to have a well deserved vacation, plenty of food on the grill, people to talk to when I want to, relaxation and beautiful surroundings..all of which this campground provides!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo