“Ghost HUNT”

Farnsworth House Ghost Tours
Ranked #17 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Gettysburg's original ghost tour company that has been running for nearly 30 years. The Farnsworth House offers a variety of tours, including the Mourning Theatre, Mature Tour, ghost hunts, and walking tours. All tours enter the historic Farnsworth House, which was used as a Confederate stronghold during the Battle of Gettysburg and is belived to be the position from which the bullet that killed Jennie Wade was fired. The Farnsworth House has been featured on the TV Show: Ghost Hunters, as well as other programs on SyFy, Travel Channel, and A&E.
White Haven, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Ghost HUNT”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed in Gettysburg last week and I was trying to find some ghost HUNTS (not tours). I found the Farnsworth ghost hunt and a few others and this seemed to be one of the cheapest along with another so I called both places to see the differences. Apparently the other one (Sleepy Hollow of Gettysburg) only goes through back alleys and stuff like that and they pass around equipment for people to share. Farnsworth actually goes near the football stadium (where the movie "Remember the Titans" was filmed) and which was a place where many soldiers actually died. They also give each person their own equipment (night vision sensors, voice detectors, divining rods, thermal sensors). I definitely got some activity with my devices, and many people seen dark shadow looking people running on the football field and then disappearing right before their eyes. The only problem I had was that my voice detector had a low battery so I couldn't use it and then I asked my boyfriend to use his and his was also dead. But besides that, it was a great time!

2 Thank amf3689

Dauphin, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Don't Waste your time or money....”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I took our four kids (17, 15, 12 & 8) on a Saturday night tour. We had previously been on another ghost tour a few years back and loved it!! However, we were very disappointed in this tour. It started in the basement (30mins) then walked through Gettysburg for about an hour. I really think it depends on your guide. My children were actually bored and my husband said it was "lame". We took the 8:00pm tour and there were over 100 people scheduled for tours at the same time. It was very crowded on the sidewalk, waiting for the guides to split up into groups. The tours were over 25 people in a group. Way too many people and not scary at all!!!

1 Thank mom24kidz
Havertown, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked a ghost hunt with Farnsworth House. We called to confirm the day before arrival. They told us to be there at 10:15pm. We arrived very early to pick up tickets and were told that they rented out their equipment to a paranormal investigation and would not be having any tour that night. We drove over 2 and 1/2 hours and booked this we;l in advance. They never even bothered to call. How unprofessional and really disappointing!Luckily we found a terrific tour with another company. So my advise is to BEWARE of this company and dont book any tours with them unless you have a back up plan!

7 Thank TrishJ2000y
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disappointing Ghost Tour”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This tour was recommended by our hotel staff but we were disappointed. We found it long, and totally unbelievable. Our guide, Jenny, was a relatively new guide. She tried to get us to believe that she was talking to the ghosts in the room and they were responding. One couple in our group did believe but we found her unbelievable. She talked way to long in the attic and had some almost falling asleep. She went on too long at all the stops. Our tour went for 2 hours - half an hour over the set timing.

I expected civil war stories with a ghost spin and this was not that!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Evelyn M
Alexandria
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“This will make you believe.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The guide was dress in period. You actually go in attic where people where shot and killed. Well worth the money. It is very popular so get your tickets early.

Visited September 2012