“Not too different...”
Review of One Lincoln

One Lincoln
Reserve with OpenTable
One Lincoln is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 133 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: York, Baltimore, Carlisle, and Chambersburg Street
Transit: Freedom Transit runs 8 hours per day depending upon season, please consult local guide.
Description: Our new menu is as refreshing as our newly renovated space. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner our menu is sure to delight. The breakfast menu includes traditional and healthy choices as well as one of Lincoln’s favorite dishes - Chicken & Biscuits.Lunch and dinner offer a great variety of fresh salads, sandwiches and entrees. Inspired comfort foods include three onion soup with provolone, gruyere and French bread croutons, Maryland crab macaroni & cheese, stuffed breast of chicken with mushroom risotto and pan gravy and so much more.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

When in Gettysburg we would love to stop by McClellan's Tavern, have a drink and a sandwich for lunch or just relax in the evening with a drink. This past Thanksgiving weekend I was very surprised to see that McClellan's has now become One Lincoln. Usually on Thanksgiving night we walk from our hotel up on Steinwehr Ave. to the downtown area and have a drink or a snack at McClellan's.

When we went in, the first thing that I noticed was that the decor had changed. It went from an English-style pub look to an upscale, modern look. We sat right near the bar and eventually moved to a couple of open seats right at the bar. The bartender was friendly and courteous and answered questions that we had about the change in the restaurant. We checked out the menu and noticed that there were some major changes in that area. We had a few drinks which I thought were reasonably priced for a restaurant located in a hotel in the downtown area of a tourist destination. We did not eat, but the menu looked decent and we will go back and have some food another time.

What I liked, was that the place still seamed to be relaxing. There were many places to sit and socialize including a few leather couches that had tables. The place was not too loud and was still and excellent choice to finish a day in Gettysburg.

1  Thank Scott44NYVI

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the Hotel Gettysburg with another couple. Our rooms were excellent as was the hotel bar. Breakfast at One Lincoln was significantly less satisfying. There were only a few people in the restaurant when we there with plenty of help. It was over 30 minutes until we received our meals. We were never offered a refill for our $2.50 "bottomless coffee" during the lengthy wait. We finally flagged down another waitress to handle this basic task. Our waitress was not serving other customers. Our food was warm when it arrived rather than hot. Home fries were flavorless bacon undercooked and toast cold and not toasted. Salt and pepper shakers were empty. All of this for 10 a piece for breakfast. Very disappointing given the overall beautiful condition of the property. Stay there but eat elsewhere

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Maybe it was a bad day. We just went for drinks in the bar. The Guiness was not dispensing correctly and so what we got was less than great. My friend did not seem to mind it and ordered a second.

Drinks were pricey. Apparently because of the surroundings.

Service issues:

Sitting at the bar, the glassware was hanging right above us. The glasses all looked dirty/smudged/cloudy. Not one of them was clear and sparkling. Perhaps that was part of the Guinness problem.... Even though one waiter inspected the dirty champagne flutes, he decided to use them without cleaning or wiping them. Of course, that turned me off.

We asked for a lunch menu (it was noonish) and it took the person behind the bar close to 5 minutes to locate lunch menus for us.

My friend ordered a third beer and was told by the waitress that she would give it to him, but someone else would have to ring it out because she was off. It was clear that the person that was to ring us out, had no idea how to use the cc machine. The waitress was upset with him and in addition to letting loose a little on him for that, took the opportunity to vent that the other waitress should never have left and other workplace issued. Not cool. It's very uncomfortable for patrons to be dragged into such unpleasantness.

A service person mistook my friend's comment and gesture to me as a comment to him. Following that, he interjected himself into our interaction, thinking he was funny. It was very awkward.

All in all, it was not a good experience. The place is beautiful and others in the restaurant seemed quite happy with their service and their food, but at the bar...it was a bummer all the way around.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Since our coffee maker was on the fritz at our inn, the three of us decided to have a coffee before heading out to our Gettysburg battlefield tour. Our waitress, Brittany, brought out our take-out containers of coffee, and was more than helpful and pleasant as we changed our minds and decided to sit in the cafe. At least the restaurant wasn't crowded that late in the morning, so we had an opportunity to chat with her a bit. I don't normally review a restaurant just for a coffee, but I had to address the fine service we received from Brittany. Keep up with your cheerful attitude, Brittany and One Lincoln: she's a keeper.

1  Thank toadsoup
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I thought we would give the old place a new try. The service was terrible. The waiter was inexperienced and I can give the benefit of doubt because used to serve and remember the first day I was thrown into the lion's den it was scary. However this kid still couldn't relax and listen even after we tried to put him at ease.

When we placed our our drink order we were told they were 'out of Coor's Light'. The beer was warn when it did finally come out. My salad had a piece of rotten. I ordered the sun dried tomato dressing anf catalina was served. I sent my salad back and asked for Balsamic Vinaigrette. I received bleu cheese dressing and had to ask again for Balsamic Vinaigrette.

My husband ordered the pork chops. It was very pink on the inside. I ordered the shrimp and it wasn't too bad, but for $26 a plate for 6 shrimp, I expect them to be cooked perfectly, and some were overcooked.

Long story short, we will not be back to this restaurant. It was a waste of time and money. Perhaps you will have better luck than we did.