“Just OK”
Review of One Lincoln

One Lincoln
Reserve with OpenTable
One Lincoln is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: York, Baltimore, Carlisle, and Chambersburg Street
Transit: Freedom Transit runs 8 hours per day depending upon season, please consult local guide.
Description: Our new menu is as refreshing as our newly renovated space. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner our menu is sure to delight. The breakfast menu includes traditional and healthy choices as well as one of Lincoln’s favorite dishes - Chicken & Biscuits.Lunch and dinner offer a great variety of fresh salads, sandwiches and entrees. Inspired comfort foods include three onion soup with provolone, gruyere and French bread croutons, Maryland crab macaroni & cheese, stuffed breast of chicken with mushroom risotto and pan gravy and so much more.
Plymouth, Michigan
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very short on waiters; food was just ok; service was slow; restaurant could have been cleaner; don't think we would go back.

Visited July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Middletown, Virginia
“Never Again”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was the first time my husband and I dined at this establishment…it will also be the last. We arrived at the restaurant around 8pm Sunday night (there were four other tables being waited on when we arrived.) Upon being seated, our server came over to inform us that they were short staffed in the kitchen, so dinner might take a little longer than usual. We figured on an extra 15-20 minutes, the idea of which didn’t bother us. The menu was VERY limited but prices were comparable to what we had seen in other restaurants of Gettysburg. When we were ready to order, my husband asked our server what “polenta” was because that is what came with the scallops he wanted. She told him it was an egg dish, which initially turned my husband off to that meal (my husband cannot eat eggs as part of a medical condition.) Knowing she was mistaken, I looked at them both and said that polenta was more like cheesy grits. She assured me that polenta was an egg dish but said she would check with the kitchen to make sure. When she returned, she told us that polenta was like cheesy grits, imagine that! Each entrée came with a salad. My husband ordered house dressing with his while I asked for Ranch dressing on the side for mine. Our server brought his salad, but not mine. I figured it would be right out, but I was wrong. Our server didn’t come back to check on us until she brought our dinners. I asked her about my salad and she told me it must have gotten lost between the kitchen and our table. Really? While she went to go track down my salad, we started eating. My husband enjoyed his scallops with polenta. I had ordered chicken breast with mushrooms over rice pilaf. It was by far one of the worst meals I have ever had! The rice was greasy (I didn’t know rice could be greasy) and the gravy was cold and clumpy. While the chicken was cooked perfectly, everything on the plate was either cold or lukewarm. Again, our server did not come back to check on us until she “found” my salad, by which time we had already finished eating. I was served my salad after dinner was over. By this time, there were only two other tables in the restaurant. The total time we spent in the restaurant ended up being over two hours! It goes without saying that we were very unimpressed with our experience at McClellan’s and will not be returning.

Olney, Maryland
“What Happened? Used to be Wonderful??”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have eaten at this tavern a number of times. Every few weeks. Has a cozy atmosphere, whether you have a drink at their small bar, or a table, in the adjoining dining area, by the fireplace/.Premium location, right in the center of Gettysburg, adjacent to Gettysburg Hotel Lobby.
Service was SLOW, but even more dissapointing - ENTIRE MENU has changed, with NONE of the previous tasty choices & long time favorites, Many entrees & sandiwches named after Civil War Generals. More importantly - we waited over an HOUR ( only 1 other table occupied at the time) - my husbands meal totally burnt, mine on the other hand - hardley cooked. Very very dissapointing. Server could have cared less. A real shame. We won't be returning..

Kingston, NH
“Casual but always good.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is usually our first night dinner after a long day on the road. Casual and good. This is really a bar with a small dining room, and part of the Gettysburg Hotel in the center of town.

Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great historical location”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great historical location, but food was just so-so. I ordered the seasonal vegetable plate. Portobello mushroom was crispy/burned; creamed spinach was very salty. The creamy oregano salad dressing is good. My husband's burger was done just right. Overall, this is basic pub food--nothing fancy or particularly noteworthy (other than the atmosphere/history aspect of the restaurant)