“Great place to escape the crowds”

Sharpshooters Grille
Ranked #59 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Youngsville, NC
“Great place to escape the crowds”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went here 3 times to escape the crowds in busy Gettysburg during the holiday. Good choice on our part. Nice, quiet bar/restaurant to have a few drinks and lunch. Food was good, service was friendly. Good beer selection also.

• Visited July 2013

“don't go there”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

had dinner here on July 2. one of the worst places to eat in the area. poor service, place was nearly empty but waitress was too busy chatting with friends took 20 minutes to get a glass of water. my burger was like eating a piece of paper. the bun was soaked in grease and I took it out of the bun and could barely cut it with a knife. didn't even get an apology from the cook.. nothing. next time in the area I know where not to spend my $50!

• Visited July 2013
Massapequa, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had the horrific experience of dining at this establishment on 6/19/13 with my hubby. The service was the slowest I have ever seen, the food barely edible... Do NOT get their "famous" Apple and Squash soup, they should call it baby food purée! My husbands shrimp were raw and cold. The waitstaff was pleasant enough, the waitress kindly took the shrimp off our bill, but overall a horrible experience. Should have gone back to Garryowens for a third time!

• Visited June 2013
herrtav, Manager at Sharpshooters Grille, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest of Sharpshooters,

I would first like to apologize for the quality of food you received on 6/19/13. I was made aware of the situation the following day and have corrected the shortfalls accordingly. I understand your frustration, I too, had once lived in upstate New York and the city, and am accustomed to only the best service and food a restaurant can offer. If you are in the Gettysburg area in the future, please reach out to me as I would like to make this lackluster experience of yours a great one. I look forward to any correspondence in the near future.

Best regards,

Ed Lincoln
Manager
Sharpshooters Bar and Grille
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Really had a Good Time.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stopped in on our travels and had a great time. It was a Saturday night and the prime rib special was very good. Soups were good too. Nice beer selection. Had 3 groups of live entertainment that covered a little something for everyone. John our waiter was very pleasant and attentive. Never had an empty glass. We're sure not local and we had no problems. Actually we had a blast.

• Visited May 2013
Laval, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great beer selection! 3-page menu just for the booze!!! Food is also pretty good. Had the pulled pork sandwich and it was nice. Great ambiance too! And my waitress was very attentive. Overall great experience! Can't understand why their rating isn't higher!

• Visited April 2013