“Excellent food and service”
Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Tried tbe red spinach salad and chicken w polenta - both were perfect. French onion soup was really good, not salty as commonly found. Bread pudding dessert clinched it for me. Prices are slightly steep, but tbe quality of the food and service make it a worthwhile experience for a.special occasion.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant. I glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner, as well as the service. I will share your compliments with our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

There are newer reviews for 1863 Restaurant

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Perhaps just a bad night, but we followed recommendations for Calamari and halebut. The Calamari was described as fresh, not frozen. It was very thinly cut, fried in bread crumbs. A little lacking in taste, but also chewy, which means either not fresh or over cooked. The halibut was a disaster, first over cooked, dry, chewy, rejected.
Replaced with fresh batch which at first seemed ok, but as we progressed to the thicker part was over cooked on the top grilled surface, needing a firm knife cut to penetrate, then transparrent inside, slightly under cooked.

Both of us has this dish, so it was not a coincidence. I rarely send food back, and could have done it twice.
Service ok; wine slow in being refreshed, long wait for pudding. I would not choose this at half the cost, sorry.

1  Thank MootHouse

I am sorry to hear that your dinner in our 1863 Restaurant did not live up to your expectations. This is not the dining experience we strive to provide for our dinner guests. Please know that I appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to follow-up with your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had 3 diff. servers in 2 days at the "1863" Restaurant and everyone was TOPS in their job.
Anyone who ever gets to Gettysburg,PA should stop in and have a meal here and you will be back.The names of the Servers are Tabhha, Steve and Linda also a great help was Kathie the concege. Thank you for a great time. Don Doherty

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant, Mr. Doherty. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will share you kind words with your servers as well as Kathi, our concierge. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

we love the great service . dinner was scrumptious. service ettention was to details. josie was a professional server , and the manager john was friendly. we feel ts home , it was a greai dining experience.... stronglly recomend this redtaurant .

1  Thank Juancho R
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will share your kind words with Josie and John. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Im from Japan and I was on vacation when I had my lunch here.I had a delicious prime rib and crab cakes. I was very much satisfied because the food was so delicious the atmosphere is great and on top of that Ms. Josie provided an excellent service. I'll be surely visiting this place again.

1  Thank TimSoriano

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to here that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will share your kind words with Josie. I agree with you, I love the 1863 crabcakes also! We look forward to having you dine with us again.